Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What skis should I try ?

Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Courchevel next week and I would like some ski recommendations please with a mind to buying my own in the near future. I have recently skied on the following skis, though some were only for 1 or 2 days.

In order of most recent skied first :

Salomon Crossmax w12 162 (I think that was the model)
Head not sure what model but they were Orange on Black (mens skis I think)
Atomic Metron B9s, 162 (I think)
Atomic Foxy? Mama not sure on the size 157 or 164 ?
K2 One Luv 160
Salomon Xwing 157
Rossi B2's 166

I am an adventurous Intermediate 5'7", 9st 10lbs (female)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 24-01-08 23:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Head, "Wild Thang." Grrrrr
Scott Mission 169.
Atomic 'Nomad' 169cm.

Black Crows 'Navis' 177cm. Toofy Grin Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, 169 !!! Shocked

177 Skullie are you trying to get rid of me ? Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno, When is the 'Right Time' to grow up? Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you're asking me ? Toofy Grin

Just googled Scott Missions and was bought straight back here, seems they have quite a sH following, I shall put them on the list. I am going to pre-book my skis before I go, so I shan't be able to try different rental shops once in resort, so a variety of brands would be good, but something different to Salomon as I always end up with them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nordica Dobermann SL-Rs if you can find a pair. 165cm if you're a bloke, 155cm if you're an honourary bloke. The Ultimate go anywhere do anything ski. In my opinion.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch, "Wibble, Whibble, Cock, Knockers." Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IncogSkiSno, My Geography teacher 'Banged' on about the 'Mission'. She was one of my favourite 'Teachers'. Laughing Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, what are you like ! Laughing Laughing

David Murdoch, Not heard of that one, but thanks for the suggestion. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
IncogSkiSno try the Elan Wave Magics, I would class myself the same as you - adventurous intermediate and I love mine. Bought this seasons and just done 10 days in Canada on them, powder, hard pack, ice, fast, slow, they were fab. Really responsive and easy to cruise or crank it up.

Quote:

"Wibble, Whibble, Cock, Knockers."

SMALLZOOKEEPER always a late night pleasure to read your posts wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IncogSkiSno, I know you've got the Rossi B2s on your 'done' list, but have you tried the Rossi B78 Bandits? I hired a pair recently (the men's ones - I believe the women's are a little more flexible, but these were quite flexible enough) & they were just lovely. On my wish list now... snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
minx, thanks I have heard good things about these skis. BTW are you the remaining half of bhandminx, or is that another poster entirely ?

Jo225, thanks ! I shall take a full list of all recommendations (apart from SZKs 177's) from all sHs and see what is available, I am going to be hiring premium skis
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
IncogSkiSno, will you be venturing off-piste?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IncogSkiSno, Stöckli Rotor 76 in a 159? Depends where you're staying, I think the only outlet with them is in 1850 - Bernard Charvin maybe? Check the Stöckli site to find out
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red 27, No I won't be on this occasion, but would quite like an All Mountain ski.

eng_ch, We are staying in 1850 but won't be ordering from that shop.
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, Dynastar Exclusive Legend. Try them if you can and let us know what they're like! They have rave reviews as an all mountain ski.
latest report
IncogSkiSno, what you need is a pair of Dynastar Legend 4800s, spiffy all-mountain skis! I might just happen to know where there is a pair for sale at the bargain price of 200€ as well. Laughing
snow report
IncogSkiSno correct. The other half still remains.
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno, Head Wild Thangs....I adore mine (if only they weren't so pink!!) Take you anywhere.
ski holidays
Lizzard, Laughing Laughing

homphomp, Oooh just googled them - they're a bit like little girl's skis to look at, but I saw some brown ones too, I guess your are last years model, I'm not sure what's worse brown or pink ? spoo
latest report
IncogSkiSno, Dynastar Exclusive Legends, (Kitty's got a pair if you fancy trying them).
or Scott Missions.
snow report
IncogSkiSno, I'd second (third?) the Missions too. I've now skiied on them for a week at Christmas - a mixture of soft fresh snow and hard pretty icy pistes (they grip on ice amazingly well), and three and a half days last weekend, lots of fresh snow and some quite deep off piste - and they've been wonderful in everything. They're very easy to get on their edges and although they're quite fat, they still turn nice and tight.

John nicked them for a run, and when I managed to get them back he said they were the best skis he'd ever skiied on. I can't recommend them highly enough - they look cool too Toofy Grin
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno, If you're thinking of K2's you should try the 'burnin luvs too. Mrs Axs is is luv with hers. Very Happy (the two older Axsettes have Lotta Luvs and get on very well with them also).
snow conditions
*** shameless sales plug ****

Jo225, If you like B2's I might know where there's a pair of mens in a 174 going Little Angel (Just got my new RX8's and can't see me going back, fun as the Rossis are).
ski holidays
Spyderman, You're being very generous with Kitty's skis or does she know about this offer ? Anyway, thanks for the offer, however, tempting though it is, I'd rather not as I would never forgive myself if I damaged them.

I have been googling Scott Missions, but can only find them in 3 sizes, am I missing something here or is the 168 really the smallest size - if so, wouldn't these be oo long for me ? Confused
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno wrote:
Spyderman, You're being very generous with Kitty's skis or does she know about this offer ? Anyway, thanks for the offer, however, tempting though it is, I'd rather not as I would never forgive myself if I damaged them.

I have been googling Scott Missions, but can only find them in 3 sizes, am I missing something here or is the 168 really the smallest size - if so, wouldn't these be oo long for me ? Confused

Kitty got some new Stockli Stormriders for her birthday, so the 165cm Legends are on the back burner, they're really good skis though. the offer stands.
A Mission in 168 is fine for you.
ski holidays
Spyderman, We leave on Sunday, and I haven't booked skis on the flight etc, so I'll still pass on the offer TVM. Very Happy I trust your opinion on the 168 as you have seen me ski, also I have just noticed that SZK suggested 169 Missions - so I guess like most men he likes to add a centimetre to his length wink Anyway, I'll give them a try if they are available, but 168 does sound scary, but I thought that about the 166 B2s and nearly returned them before even trying them out, but they were fine. Very Happy
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno, Kitty used to ski on 191cm and she's 5'5" Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IncogSkiSno, 168 is the smallest size. You'd be fine on them - you're taller than me I think. It took me a few runs to get used to the longer length, then I just forgot about it.
latest report
AxsMan wrote:
*** shameless sales plug ****

Jo225, If you like B2's I might know where there's a pair of mens in a 174 going Little Angel (Just got my new RX8's and can't see me going back, fun as the Rossis are).

Thanks, but I think that's a bit too long for me - I'm 5'6 & @56kg, usually ski on 158s, or just a little longer... I'd be very interested otherwise! snowHead
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno, my wife is 8 stone and finds the 168 Missions are great all mountain skis.
snow conditions
chris, RachelQ,Spyderman, well, it looks like the Missions are top of the list then Cool
snow conditions
Jo225, Very Happy understood Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy