Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Point, no shoot. A mini TR.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been learning to do 360s on my telemark skis and eating lots of snow so I've been shy of carrying my dSLR or DV cam but after an amazing day yesterday with no photographic evidence I knew I had to do something about it. Sorry for the lack of photos and the poor quality, these were shot on a Sony P+S camera.

The snow was fantastic, again. A few days since the last snowfall so fresh tracks were slightly harder to reach, but not too bad, and very worth it.

First run was Tortin, we scoped out the couloirs skiers left (the lift side). The one under the lift was heavily tracked after yesterday (I had first tracks yesterday!) But Double S and the next one along were pretty unskied.

At the bottom we found the snow still really soft so had a play.

A snowboarder enjoying free fall:

Sadly my attempt at 360 wasn't recorded. 280ish to tip digging, it was funny.

First lap of untracked couloir. No photos.

Second lap. Some others had followed us down so the entry was a little skied, they didn't follow our full route so enjoyed more (relatively) untracked snow.

The entry:

Ohhhh. Can I go down there?

Sure. But I'm going up there.

See you at the bottom then:

I managed to get a little bit of video too, just poor quality. The perspective on the clip is really bizarre. At the stat a snowboarder is riding very very close to the edge of the cliff band in the centre of the screen, it was pretty steep and a nasty fall if he messed up. The rider then carries on round and enjoys some pretty good quality powder at the bottom.

You Tube footage here.

We then went off and did two great runs down the Mont Gele. Sadly the camera stayed away.

I'm feeling a little less urgent about my skiing now that I've notched up some pretty good days. Next time the camera / DV cam will come out.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
we won't believe you've nailed a 360 unless its on youtube wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
looks ace Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Conditions have been great in Verbier this week. I had a great run down Mont Gele myself on Thurs too Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, me neither! It will come.

nbt, NehNeh

spyderjon, another short but sweet meeting. I'm sorry I was so drunk, I had the most epic day and then was force fed shots by a cougar. You did well to recognise me though, I think?

I have edited some good footage from Friday and will post it up as soon as I can work out a descent compression rate.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy