Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
doogo, chris posted somewhere on here yesterday, and so did Mel from Eurekaski. They both said that snow was holdind up quite well, esp above 1700m. I'm out there form 23rd, so I'm holding my breath too.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doogo, they are correct on the websire about pistes open but in reality half of those are not good unless you are on hire skis then it doesnt matter about the damage done. No people around so slopes are empty and you will enjoy it here. Give me a call when youre here and I can show you around. Send a PM for my number.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carled,
Quote:

Cheers. But I'll correct you on one thing! The Champion is open on Sundays - from 9:00 - 12:30...

Mea Culpa, it used to be closed on a Sunday honest!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn't take too much notice of the "official" opening times. The Huit a Huit in La Rosiere shuts at all sorts of times during the day, and it varies every day! It's a real lottery Laughing

Carl if you decide to meet your wife at Serre Ratier (telepherique ride up from Chantemerle) for lunch, you could also arrange to meet up at the bar at the foot of the Luc Alphand piste at the end of the day, where she can sit and marvel at your skiing prowess as you hoon elegantly down "The Wall" - the last 300m or so of downhill race gradient, before you slide elegantly up to the bar terrace, leaping out of your bindings and landing gracefully infront of your pre-ordered bierre grande Laughing wink

It's a great feeeling - but don't leave it too late in the day as the L A piste can get a bit carved up to put it mildly. You also have to watch out for the green run that disects it a couple of times and the associated nervous beginners looking to make their run across without causing too much carnage Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I remember it well... I had a day out there about 10 years ago and I was one of those nervous-ish people on that green run getting in the way then... Doesn't mean I'll have any sympathy for the bugs now if they get in MY way... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've added Christopher's resort report to the list:

Serre Chevalier (December 2008)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just to let you know that PSV still has loads of snow but don't tell everyone !!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I visited Serre Che in early March 2009. Stopped at the Clubhotel in Le Bez which wasnt good but right on the slopes and a 10 minute walk into Villeneuve old town which is lovely.
Luckily, the snow was fantastic, and 3 days in it dumped for 36 hours so we had a full day of powder followed by another day of heavenly pistes and ridiculously deep off piste.
Some of the lifts are old and need upgrading, but much has improved since the 2005 reviews were written.
Villeneuve has several main lifts up the mountain, but to avoid queues head over to the Pontillas Gondola to the right as you look at the mountain. This picks up an old slow 3 man chair half way up but we never had to queue on either lift. The sector above here is cracking for some gentle cruises, and the link over to Monetier has some great runs and superb off piste. The Cucumelle is best tired late morning once it has had a little sun on it but before it has become mogulled and busy late on.
Monetier actually has some cracking runs for good intermediates with more modern 4 and 6 packs, and there is a wonderful little hut on the Rochamout blue run.
The sector above Chantmerle is varied and has seen some new lifts installed, and there is a park in the middle of it all.
The Luc Alphand black is worth a crack mid morning when its still quiet and people havent yet plucked up the courage to go down it. Its fast and steep in places, but wonderfully wide.

Eating out was not cheap, but this is France. I suggest chalet board and packed lunches!

Overall for France I like it, its a fabulous ski area and I am going back March 2010 to ski it again, hopefully to get over to the Braincon sector as well.
8/10 for me.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just resurrecting this old thread. Me and my buddies (14 of us - middle aged men) are heading to SC on 18/01/20. Just looking for any hints, tips, comments about the area. We are staying in Chantemerle, Saint-Chaffrey - if that helps.
2 of us (me and a buddy) are driving from St Andrews in Fife in a Tesla model 3 - basically to see what the practicalities of it are. That might be a whole report in itself.
Anyway any chat about SC will help me get nice and excited during these next few, pre trip days. Thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Fifespud, that's a bump of an old thread. You might want to check the snow reports thread. I'll be in Serre Chevalier that week with my hubby and dogs. Staying in Le Monetier-les-Bains. We are driving down too, so I'll keep an eye out for the Tesla. Hotel Auberge de Moissons near Chalons-en-Champagne is a good place to recharge.Loads of charging points, and close to A26. They have a vending machine and loos you can use, and coffee from the bar if it is open. We stay in the hotel regularly.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BTW, not many charging points in Serre Chevalier, not unless they've seriously done some work since last winter.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers Hells Bells!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Fifespud, try this for charge stations in Serre Chevalier Very Happy

http://www.syme05.orios-infos.com/stations

Also, latest Serre Che thread here:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=149219
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There are a two charging points with dedicated EV parking spots on route de telepherique in the main part of Chantemerle (near the lifts, just past the Grand Hotel). We were in Chantemerle all of NY week and whilst they were always in use in the afternoon, when I walked past early morning (7-7:30am) they were generally empty, so if you get in there early should be ok.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
willh wrote:
There are a two charging points with dedicated EV parking spots on route de telepherique in the main part of Chantemerle (near the lifts, just past the Grand Hotel). We were in Chantemerle all of NY week and whilst they were always in use in the afternoon, when I walked past early morning (7-7:30am) they were generally empty, so if you get in there early should be ok.

Thanks folks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy