Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski accident

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ordhan, Maybe , this belongs in bend ze knees .... but as an UN-qualified, NON-expert skier I am amazed at your conclusions ... if your anaysis were correct every 'blader-in-christendom' would break their legs every time they fell .... and Bode Miller et al would be made to ski longer skis ..

'Higher Dins' can not 'contribute' to an accident but they 'must' have a subsequent effect ie injury ???

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 11-02-08 18:32; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
curly, without knowing your boot sole length, it would be impossible to say whether the setting was too high or not, anything else is mere conjecture. Do you know your boot sole length?....

Curly, Foxy is correct. What's your boot sole length?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, will correct me if I'm wrong, and I won't mind a bit, but.............
There will always be debate on din settings, bindings, pre-release, won't release, length of skis, type of skier...........when it comes down to it, these things will change according to your age and ability.
You will learn who is knowledgeable and who you should trust with your ski equipment.
I would trust my legs and knees to spyderjon.

I am a lightweight, but I ski like a big girl. I like bumps and steeps. I have skied for 20something years, and I have my din at 7. some say its too high, but I have a tendency to do stupid stuff where I don't want a Pre-release issue.

IMO you are on skis too short and your din was too high. I would put you on something in the mid to hight 160's in length and a din of 6.
The only reason to up your din is if you're getting more aggressive and you don't want to risk a pre-release.

Okay spyderjon, tell me where I'm wrong...........I love it when I can be devils advocate.Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy