Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble city or airport - La Rosiere transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know anything about cheapish transfers from Grenoble (city or airport) to La Rosiere? The only websites I can find seem to be REALLY expensive, around the £100 mark - surely there are cheaper ways to get there? There's only 2 of us, we don't have equipment or anything, not bothered about going directly there... Any advice about ways to get there for less than £100 would be much appreciated, cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jube, I have to admit I don't know where LR is - amazing, since, for bizarre reasons, it is the most famous resort in snowheads. I suspect you can travel local buses quite cheaply. Be aware it is quite a bus ride into the Grenoble bus/rail station from Grenoble airport, and sometimes depending on the timetable and where you are going, it can be a bit of a wait at Grenoble itself. But the LR fans will be along to put you straight.

I see you are a newish poster - welcome to snowheads. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jube, take the shuttle bus from the airport to the City, bus station is next to the railway station. Take the train to Bourg St Maurice and get the daily bus from BSM to La Rosiere or take a taxi. The only problem is that the plane/rail/bus times aren't always in sync and it's a fairly slow journey. If you go to www.sncf.fr and click on TER the rhone-Alpes region, you'll find there 6 trains per week-day with a journey time between 2hrs 30 mins and 4 hrs 15minutes. French trains are much cheaper than the Uk but you'll still have to pay about €50 for a taxi from BSM.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David as you're here did you get my email through your web page regarding flight times?. Sorry to jump on thread.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if you need a taxi from BSM up to La Rosiere, try this chap : http://mysnowsports.com/transfers
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jube, Bus to train station, then train to BsM. There's at least one change but only about 22Eu walk-in price one way . . . use Eurorail or as David says www.sncf.fr to check the schedule as there are only about 5 trains a day and the journey time varies from about 3.25 to 4.5 hours. . . then a bus or taxi up to La Ros, depending at what time you get into BsM (check Autocars Martin http://www.autocars-martin.com/ for the schedule)

NB. Bus returns from the resort MUST be confirmed in person at the resort bus terminus (often the tourist office) at least 3 days before departure or you may NOT get a ride back Evil or Very Mad learned that one with a ****in' expensive taxi ride behind the bus I should have been sitting on!

I did the BsM to Grenoble trip at the end of October, very civilised.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jube, Transfer from Grenoble Airport to the centre of Grenoble (it drops you at the coach station which is right next to the train station) is by navette, and only costs 4 euros.

Hopefully this is a link to their timetable

http://www.grenoble-airport.com/IMG/pdf/Horaires_du_20_decembre_07_au_29_mars_08-2.pdf
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey everyone - cheers for the info, that's wicked. Much appreciated! Can't wait to get out there, woohooooooooo!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy