Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is There a Better Family Resort than Arc 1950?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been there last two seasons, and stayed at Prince de Cimes - HMC chain. But a bit bored with terrain and food choice. Where can a family of 4 go that is better? Looking for:

Good snow at Easter
Good ski tuition for 7 and 9 year old kids - private if necessary
Good size 2 br apartment with balcony view of piste
ski in/out
Indoor pool on site or close by
Sledging for kids nearby when piste closes
Good food
Great Scenery
Short airport transfers if possible or overnight option

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Big White. Fulfills all your requirements (and more), and only 50 minutes from Kelowna. Nearby Silver Star also ticks most of your boxes , except that indoor pools are like hen's teeth - and it's marginally further away at about 1hr.

www.bigwhite.com
www.silverstarmtn.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Edwardoplunkett, just across the valley at La Rosiere, it ticks all your boxes and it's sunnier than Arcs 1950, it also has the advantage that's it's a real working village. You could try either Cimes Blanches or Planica both apartment complexes have indoor swimming pools althoiugh you may not fihd any availability for Easter.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, no, no - don't try la Rosiere!!! Seriously - the family in the same chalet as us spent all week on the village nursery slope, didn't even get up the mountain, so came away with the impression that skiing was all about a slope 200m long with a hut at the bottom which they ran into at regular intervals. There's no way up the mountain for non skiers. Note the pools also - if you are not in these complexes then there's no pool.

La Rosiere has it's own micro climate which means the snow lasts longer than you would expect at the height. Sounds really good until you realise what the micro climate means, la Ros is in the cloud much of the time. It also has some extremely interesting drag lifts, and the kids can learn to do 360 turns, but not many really appreciated the fun side of this and sat by the track in tears waiting for rescue. My 7 yr old got pretty good at 360s by the end of the week.

It's a must on the list of resorts to visit for any snowhead - but I rate it as the least family friendly that I have ever been to.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy