Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ordering ski passes on line

Poster: A snowHead
Can you really do that in advance? How?

I'm going to Cham for a weekend 7-11 Feb, so would like to reduce time queueing for passes. How long does it take to be delivered to home address - am I too late?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tim Sawyer, Depends where you buy them from as to how long you queue. I've always found the little kiosk at the bottom of the Savoy nursery slopes has always been quick and easy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tim Sawyer, just got back from Chamonix and, for the second year running, some of our group had issues with the passes bought/ updated online. They needed to go to the Montenvers station to get them redone. I'd be reluctant to trust the system again...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tim Sawyer, don't know cham, but buying a lift pass has always been as easy as buying a beer in all the resorts I've been to...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
***thread hijack alert ***

are all magnetic keycards compatible, what I mean is, can I take the one I got in, say, Kitzbuhel to Solden next week and reuse it, or do all lift systems require their own cards?

I'm now building up quite a collection, nice souvenirs admitted, but seems a shame to buy a new one when there's a perfectly good gluhwein available for the same price.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
masmith, some may be, but some are not. I've tried a couple of times (including with a Kitzbuhel pass) and been refused. Whether it's a technical issue or a marketing issue, I don't know.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
richmond, can just imagine standing at the front of a large queue saying "try this one ... oh, OK, this one then, ... no, this one, ...ah, this one's bound to work ... ??" as I'm fiddling through the deck of cards !

Maybe not. One less gluhwein for me. Crying or Very sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You know, the key cards all have deposts on them, so they don't actually cost you anything. Just sayin' ...

As for ordering online, I've never really seen the point.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ami in berlin, don't be daft Very Happy . They cost you either the time in taking them back (which in a time rich weekend break is precious), or the cost of not taking them back. Either way, they cost.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tim Sawyer, according to website you have to allow 8 days http://www.compagniedumontblanc.com/index.php
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have bought (and 'recharged') the 3V's ski pass online. I did it some ridiculous amount of time in advance (probably a couple of months!).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Always love popping into the nearest lift pass office when in Les Arcs or La Plagne to get the passes. Sometimes I have been known to queue for perhaps 5 maybe 10 seconds Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I too am off to Cham for 3 days in early Feb (Mon - Wed), and will have to get the list pass and hire skis before starting on Monday AM. Unfortunately, the ski hire shop does not open until 9:00am ;-(.
Does anyone know what time the kiosk's / lifts open?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bought Heavenly passes on line had no probs. Most of the Hotels I've stayed in in France have been happy to arrange passes for me (and have even offered a discount) so I've just bought passes from the hotel.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thefatcontroller, not sure if this counts as high-jacking the thread but am interested in what you say about Les Arcs and queue for lift passes. Are there really no queues for list passes? Thanks
ski holidays
ringingmaster, sorry don;t know what time it opens, but do remember queueing for 30 agonising minutes at the Brevent lift pass office a few years ago - also the queue up at Le Tour was about 10 mins.
ski holidays
smwbounce, depends largey when you turn up. Would guess that first thing Sat/Sun mornings will be fairly busy. If you get to resort late afternoon you can usually buy passes the day before (to start the next day, that is).
snow report
smwbounce, As masmith says depends when you go, normally find them quiet and extremely helpful. What time woud you expect to arrive in resort and which part of Les Arcs?

Remember

Thread high jacking is an art not a crime snowHead
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, speaking of the relationship between art and crime, has anybody else seen that film Sleuth - what a load of sewage... Caine should hang his head in shame....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy