Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claiming airport taxes back from Ryanair

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone ever managed to do this on an unused flight? I thought I would try (a friend never has any trouble getting back such from Germanwings), out of curiosity really apart from anything else.

Phoned them (of course it took ages to get thru to someone) and was told to send a fax to them which I did two weeks ago - have heard nothing back. I suspect that they woul levy an admin charge anyway which will probably outstrip the airport taxes.

But would be interested to know if any snowheads have ever claimed such back either from Ryanair or any other low-cost airline!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought there was thread on here about a year ago on this topic.

Definitely go for it, as they have no legal right to that money. The no frills airlines do usually charge an admin fee afaik, but this should be less than what is owed.

Then write a letter to BBC Watchdog.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alternatively, if you don't get satisfaction or the admin fee is too high (it should only represent the actual costs of returning the tax - ie a couple of quid or so max) then take them to the small claims court.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andy, Dave Horsley, thanks for the encouragement I will send them one more reminder then investigate a claim at county court
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd be interested to know of the outcome.

Easyjet on their t&c state that they don't offer refunds, but in the exceptional cases where they might, they levy a £17.50 fee. I guess that would be more than most taxes on flights.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B, I'll keep you posted - I don;t hold out too much hope though - this is Ryanair!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I tried last year to reclaim taxes from Ryanair - unsuccessfully. This is what they wrote:-

"Applications for tax refunds are subject to an administration charge per passenger. Please note that all other fees and charges, such as the passenger service charge, aviation insurance and credit & debit card handling fees are non refundable as per our General Conditions of Carriage.

Unfortunately, no refund is due in this instance as the administration charge exceeds the tax refund amount."

I'm pretty sure that fuel surcharges are excluded too, as is the wheelchair surcharge which we all pay thanks to Ryanair's money-grubbing stance.

Is it very nasty-minded of me to believe that Ryanair has deliberately set its admin charge at the same level as the tax charge? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
vetski, did ryanair quote an actual figure to you? Taxes vary from flight to flight, so it would seem unreasonable for them to have a variable admin charge.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nary a number in sight, just "Without Prejudice" - a rather evil bit of legalese - at the top of the page. And given the fact that they charge us all wheelchair fees because they're not allowed to charge the disabled specifically, unreasonable is their preferred method of customer service! Tragically they are the only scheduled airline which flies to my holiday home.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sadly, the current situation seems to be that you are perfectly entitled to reclaim this tax but unforutunately there is no restriction on the airlines placing an admin charge, this strangely, Shocked seems to be the same as or greater than the tax being reclaimed. Try a search in google or similar for 'airline tax refund' for a few interesting articles.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy