Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

accommodation sharing

Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of going over christmas/new year, if anyone is interested in accommodation sharing of some sort.
The resorts I am thinking of are close to an airport like Geneva, so Chamonix, Verbier...for example.

regards

martin

Skiing ability: can ski almost anything but love off-piste
eats: almost anything
drinks: almost anything
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Martin,

I've been thinking of going over New Year but am also short of bodies to accompany, although I may end up going the week after New Year because the cost seems to be way too high at the moment....if i can get something for about £400 I'll be happy to go over New Year.

ME: Age 28
Skiing Ability: Any red, some black, now want to venture off piste.
eats: everything except mushy peas and broad beans
drinks: everything except paint stripper.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well this may interest you, I called up hotel in Alpe D'huez, cna have sngle accommodation there for 57 euro / night half board! Looks decent, only thing is French only so I was struggling with my tourist French. Haven't booked but may well go ahead as I tiink it will be very hard to beat this. Checked flights and may be able to get one for £163 with Lufthansa to Geneva.
Let me know if this is iintgeresting....
martin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Martin & Biggles, we still have availability for Xmas week 19th - 26th Dec in chalet
Le Mouflon, La Rosiere 1850 @ £435.00 per person (less snowhead's discount) have alook at our ad in snowShops or go to our website www.tracksvacations.com for details of our package.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was going to suggest that one gets a better deal in Tarentaise with a bigger scope in skiing. It is also about 2.5 hours from Geneva.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the suggestions but I try to go to resoorts with skiclub rpresentatin if I am not going wth a group of friends - great way to fnd people to ski with....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi guys, i was looking at going about the same time,but could not wait to get booked. I am now going to morzine on the 8th -15th jan, in a shared chalet b+b. The price is 295 pounds, which includes minibus to the resort from kent, i think. I am paying 210 pounds, and flying to geneva, then getting the ski bus from the airport to the resort. I think its a good deal. There will be no more than 14 to the chalet, if your interested let me know and i will give you the details. Good luck,
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks but that period I will be paragliding on Tenerife.....

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
martin, I don't think accomodation's going to be a problem....the problem is flights! Cheaps I can see is over 250, which i may still consider as the accomodation is so cheap. One could also consider flights to Lyon which is just as close to Alpe d'Huez I think. I'll have a hunt around....

Do you have any details/confirmation of those Lufthansa flights? If so I'll be up for it for sure.

With regards to the La Rosiere offer....350 and maybe we'll talk! wink But appreciate it all the same!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
martin, if you're still looking to book the place in ADH, I'll be happy to do it for you and if you tell me the name of the hotel - I'll tell you what its really like! On the flight front, there are flights to Chambery also pretty close (BMI Baby I think) Very Happy - 1 1/2 hrs and Lyon is 2 Hrs. Don't be tempted by St. Etienne for ADH - its a pig to get to!!

My Mum (although not a hard-core skier) got a really cheap flight to Montpellier last season, (Ryan Air off-peak time) spent a weekend on the coast and then got the train up (3 hrs and I think about £20) - if you've got the time to combine a bit of The Med with The Piste.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sarah It's FlyBE to Chambery. From Southampton Tues, Thur, Sat & Sun (I think) and maybe also from Birmingham. See the sticky topic on top of Trips for links for airlines and much more travel stuff. 3rd week Jan I've got S'ton - Cham return for £83 incl all taxes and charges with FlyBE. Booked last week. That's travelling Thursdays - w/ends are dearer.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sarah, thanks for the offer, I found it at
http://www.alpedhuez.com

Hôtel L'Ourson
Ch de la Chapelle
Alpe d'Huez
Tel : +33(0)476803163

just thought it was good value and I am not too fuss as long as skiing is good - (is is snowing yet?) and with a bit of apreski....

appreciate your opinion.
thaks
martin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
biggles - have you considered takng a car?
about 2100 km roud trip - call it 250 in petrol costs - plus god knoows what the channel crossing costs. Suppose if one can get a flight for 200 it is better - I will check that now.
m
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sarah, another question, transport from Alp D to olyon or Geneva, Satobus to starts 8.30 in the morning - which mean 1 o'clock flight - is there another way ...too catc an ealier flight (to get chepaer fares)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
by the way - it's my keyboard playing up rather than me not being abe to spell...
latest report
ok - managed to get a flight now - air france £200 to lyon and times to match the shuttle bus - lucky. It's worth keeping an eye on Opodo ad Expedia as aialines seem to release tickets at a low price every day - half an hour before I booked the best I got was at £240 and up
dates 27/12 back 4/1 - think Alpe D'huez it will be.
snow report
martin wrote:

martin
Skiing ability: can ski almost anything but love off-piste
eats: almost anything
drinks: almost anything

I could have written this myself! Would love to join you, alas I have to work that week Sad
snow report
L'Ourson is a French run hotel in a great position - 2 mins walk from the bucket lift taking you up to the pistes or you can cross the road and your on the pistes, you're in the old part of the village which is much prettier, also Underground/Pacific can offer good English apres ski and are both less than 1 mins walk away.
IF you need any 'kit' I suggest going into Ze Shop, mention my name and you may well get a bit of 'special treatment'!!

You'llhave a great time here, New Years will be busier than Christmas and don't worry about the snow - its thin at the moment but I've been here for 9 years and it always dumps down before the holidays!!!

Forgot to say that you're 1 min from the bus stop as well!!
ski holidays
sarah@alpedhuez,
Vow, thanks for that description - gotta get in theree quickly - is your offer to book it still open? I was quted 57 e / night w half board - at least that was my interpretation of our coonversation in French!
Don't worry if it is a hassle ...
martin_mares@yahoo.co.uk
ski holidays
martin, have you booked flights? I'm about to have a look...
latest report
biggles, yes, see my post above
latest report
Yes - offer still open
mail me on sarah@mountain-logistics.net with your dates and if you are requesting a single room and its no problem for me to do it!!
ski holidays
Biggles, did you manage to arrange your flights?
ski holidays
Just wanted to say a BIG thanks to Sarah at mountain logistics - Alpe D'huez - for helping to book my accommodation. Had flights booked and needed good value accom for new year. All sorted now thanks to Sarah.
latest report
Try this link. should help you find a resort close to the airport.
http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/index.html

Laughing
snow report
Bob, thanks for that. A useful link but it's not perfect. For example, try Chambery Airport and it doesn't mention La Plagne at all but gives Les Arcs as within 1.5 hours - a tad optimistic methinks. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy