Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalethotel Morris, Val D'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
I have booked with Mark Warner to stay at the Chalethotel Morris.

It seemed like a great deal but I now find it is the resorts top live music venue!!!

They assure me that the music stops at 1AM! Will my eardrums be bleeding after one night or is it OK?

Has anyone on here stayed there before?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fantastic place. Noisy, smelly, but the craic is unbelievable. Had probably my best ever ski holiday there last year. Self and mates still talk about it whenever we meet up. Ps take your ipod if you plan on going to bed early(pre 2 am). When are you going?
PPs wasn't so smelly last year on reflection.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PsychoBabble, We're going on 27th Jan for a week. I'm going with three other lads and I know they'll moan if the music plays 'til 5am (as some doom mongers have told me!). I could move the booking to Warner's other place the Chalethotel Val D'Isere but the write-ups on that place are terrible. We have a transfer with Mark Warner but may hire a car to reduce it from 3 1/2 hrs to 2 (hopefully). I don't suppose you know if there is a car park with the hotel? Or do you have to pay in a public one?

Cheers
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jumping Jack Flash, Music normally finishes at 1. May be a few doors slamming after that. The Moris is adult only,The Val isn't. I have been to the Val and didn't like it although my friend and his family did.
The Moris gets loads of repeat business.
I have never understood why it takes the bus so long to get to resort- the "comfort" stop isn't necessary and wastes 1/2 hour. I don't think there is car parking available at either hotel but check with MW.
I have been on 2 "lads" (40+) holidays and had a ball at the moris. Full on skiing and good apres as well. If you want early nights then the Moris may not be the place for you. My group is hoping to go again in March! Toofy Grin Hope this helps
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good recomendation, voting with feet!!

Jumping Jack Flash, Im sure you will have a ball, if the friends moan too much let them organise next year. That'll shut them up, they should be grateful you bothered on their behalf.!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PsychoBabble, Thanks very much. Roy Hockley, Agreed!

I feel much better about it now!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We spent Christmas in Val (stayed in La Daille) and 2 of our friends stayed at the Morris. As you have read, it is noisy and the music goes on until the early hours, but they thought the food was fine, plenty of hot water (tiny bedrooms but that's to be expected in France) and the ski hosting very good. I wouldn't take a family there, but they were 2 single lads. Nice and central too. You'll have fun.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jumping Jack Flash, Myself and 3 mates (all 40+) are booked into the Morris for the week starting Jan 7th snowHead Looks like we'll cross paths. I'm hopeful that we will be the source of rather than the victims of much noise and merriment Laughing

EDIT Embarassed typo above , I did of course mean Jan 27th - Thank you Frosty snowHead

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 10-01-08 14:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AxsMan, missed flight? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, Embarassed no, missed '2'. That should of course read Jan 27th Embarassed Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jumping Jack Flash, there's free parking out at la Daille and a free local bus. So if you don't need the car every day, dump it there; it'll only be 10 minutes away.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AxsMan, I'll see you there then! I've just found out we're on the 1st floor above the pub!!!!!

Looks like I'll be taking my ear plugs and defenders!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AxsMan, How will I recognise you? Red Rose in the lapel perhaps?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jumping Jack Flash, Well that's one approach, alternatively, I'm the one on the left:

Laughing

(taken in the Grand Marnier Bar in Val a couple of years ago, sadly the bar is no longer operating Sad . This is particularly sad because they offered a double grand Marnier for 1.60 Euros. On the bright side it has re-opened in Meribel Laughing )
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AxsMan, I've never seen the Grand Marnier bar that empty; did you scare everyone away?

Didn't know it had closed - sad news Sad
ski holidays
AxsMan wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash, Well that's one approach, alternatively, I'm the one on the left:

Laughing

(taken in the Grand Marnier Bar in Val a couple of years ago, sadly the bar is no longer operating Sad . This is particularly sad because they offered a double grand Marnier for 1.60 Euros. On the bright side it has re-opened in Meribel Laughing )

Nice braces!
ski holidays
NickB, It wasn't normally too busy at 7.00 am wink Laughing

Jumping Jack Flash, Cool
snow conditions
AxsMan wrote:
NickB, It wasn't normally too busy at 7.00 am wink Laughing
Good effort - I reckon devant-ski is very underrated
snow conditions
Jumping Jack Flash wrote:
Has anyone on here stayed there before?

Yes, in about 1981, a few years before Mark Warner took it over - it felt like it was on its last legs then; I'm amazed the place hasn't been knocked down yet.
snow conditions
They (Warner) have given us the option of staying at the Chalethotel Val D'Isere instead as this is another of their hotels. It looked great on the web-site esp. with the outdoor heated pool but the Tripadviser reports are very bad. Has anyone stayed at this place?
snow report
Noooo, The G M bar has closed down? Is it too late to cancel my holiday to Val?
snow report
Jumping Jack Flash, I've never stayed at the Chalethotel Val D'Isere but have met quite a few people that have spoken well of the place. If they've offered to let you stay there for the same price, I know what I'd do.

FWIW, I've stayed at the Cygnaski and Tovière hotels twice each and would recommend the former. The latter is a bit of a dump but is well-located for those that care more about quick access to the slopes than the standard of accommodation.
latest report
Had a great holiday at the Moris ( one "r" folks !) about 3 years ago - but we booked away from the noise so no problem at all !

The other chalet/hotel will have loads of kids around - but probably nearly all pre-school age and not around at dinner.
ski holidays
Stayed at the Hotel Val D'Isere last year. It's ok, rooms are a bit tired but generally clean. There will be children around and I don't think MW are offering baby listening in the corridors this year and we found last week in the MW in Les Deux Alpes that there were a lot of children around at the evening meals. However, it's quiet at night which the Moris isn't. Take your pick!
latest report
Jumping Jack Flash, Frankly the outdoor pool is pointless. You swim out through a plastic curtain the outside temp is v low and if your head is slightly wet you freeze. Grab life with both hands and take up the Moris challenge.
What have you got to lose (except your friends, your money, and carpet slippers)?
snow report
AxsMan, No, No...... the Grand Marnier bar IS there. I was in it over Christmas. My husband damaged his knee and we had to go to the English Medical Centre which is virtually next door (and by the way a fantastic place if ever you hurt yourself in Val).

His appointment was delayed and so at 9.30am we went next door and had a wonderful coffee with a couple of measures of the stuff added. Really warming. I loved it there.
ski holidays
Beverley, They must have moved locations and also opened another one in the 3V. so where in Val is it now? (best value drinking in the town IMHO) Very Happy
latest report
In the front de neige by the ski pass place. I went there last week and tried to order a Grand Marnier coffee and a regular coffee and they wouldn't let me. Alcoholic coffees only. Ah well...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy