Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How the Wolf Travelled to France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As some of you may be aware there is currently a witch<del><del><del>wolf hunt going on in France. The aim is to kill 4 wolves this year (2 have already been killed) and to continue the cull until 2008. This despite the fact that wolves are protected under European law.

You may wonder how the wolves made it to France? Well Italian researchers equipped a wolf with GPS and Mobile Phone after treating him for injuries following a road accident close to Parma (I don't know if the wolf was driving). Wolves are said to be twice as intelligent as dogs - and if you check Google the most intelligent dog was an german shepherd said to have an IQ of 50, so that means that wolves are pretty dam clever, obviously clever enough to use a GPS and mobile.

Anyway here is what our wolf reported back:

http://www.loup.ecologie.gouv.fr/virtual/14/documents/pdf/loup%20de%20Parme.pdf

He travelled around 20-40km each day. First heading north until he was blocked by the high mountains,he then turned westwards crossing into southern France in October. He is now busy dodging hunters equipped with high powered rifles from the French hunting and forestry board.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, How many wolves are there in France? I'm Francophilic so no prejudice honest, but les Chasseurs do seem rather over enthusiastic with their trigger fingers.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, there's a thead here where we discussed the wolf previously - 55 is the estimate, apparently ...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, try here for some figures
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, 250 Grey Wolves on the Arabian Peninsula. Don't think so somehow. There are foxes of various types and just maybe a 'wolf' species or two - but not a grey wolf AFAIK. And that site also claims significant numbers in Jordan & Israel. They seem to be the experts - - - but I do wonder ????
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy