Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel: Apri-ski route required

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, booked for Meribel this weekend 25jan for one week on the ski train.

Could someone give me a detailed route for the apres-ski scene (exact details would be nice saying time/place to take advantage of the happy hours/ offers).

Yours skiingly, Kieran.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.merinet.com
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just a few I sampled last week - Cactus coming off the piste at Chaudanne (live music), Scotts for after dinner drinking & dancing (live music), bowling alley for a variety of apres ski activities including my favourite - table football, Grand Marnier creperie for amazing cocktails and delicious crepes at very reasonable prices, Fifty 50 for sushi and great shots at wallet busting prices - that's all I remember, but I must have a bad memory as I had to be reminded by a friend about eating the sushi!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
go to le rond pointe (the ronnie) for apres at 4pm straight off the piste. they have live music and a happy hour between 4-5pm. they close at 7pm. the best bar in town for the evening, imho, is le pub. also great for live music. barometer is good for a quiet drink.

avoid dicks tea bar at all costs. the music is awful and it's simply not worth the walk.

have a great time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Basing this purely on my seaosn during 1998/99 so may have been subject ot massive change!

16.00 - 18.30 - agree with goaty, must start at the rond-point - live bad every week night, especially Wednesday when have guest band - drinking and dancing in your ski kit before skiing home
18.30 - 21.00 - shower/food time
21.00 - 22.00 - Jacks bar for 1/2 price Mutzig beer (double strength) and a few games of pool
22.00 - 01.00 - the Pub, often for more live bands
01.00 - 04.00 - Dicks - but i agree with the above. Best to be avoided unless absolutely necessary. Best to go hard and early on the apres, and save some energy for the slopes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent report from goaty and simo1234. Good tip on the Jacks bar.

Is there any other happy hours that any one knows about?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone tried 'Le Loft' as a late alternative to Dicks?
Why is Dicks best to be avoided?Is it purely based on the inability to ski the next day wink
Im out there next weekend and again looking for ideas for the slightly more senile 30 something group of Fellas?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
God it looks nice there today compared to the complete white out yesterday: http://www.merinet.com/webcam.php

On natives.co.uk mentions La taverne - What is this place like? Wednesday is €2 pint (may have changed?)

Also mentions Scotts bar:
Sunday '2 4 1' Cocktail promotion 2100-2200
Wednesday '2 4 1' Cocktail promotion 2100-2200 THE HUSTLE [rockin' four piece band] from 2200
Thursday Friday '2 4 1' Cocktail promotion 2100-2200 DJ BLAST from 2200

also on http://www.meribel-unplugged.co.uk/bpmer.htm
it says Rond point is happy hour 1600-1700

+ The Cactus : (Chaudanne) - 2 Happy Hours at 1600-1700 & 22.30-2330
(that is a late happy hour?? could comeone confirm if it is true?

+La taverne has a happy hour but not saying what time - does anyone know?

+le pub (aka le doron pub) - various happy hours - again times unpublished

CAN ANYONE VERIFY THESE?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hedley, le loft is better than dicks, if you enjoy a bit of euro trance. you'll find a more french crowd in le loft, which is probably a good thing. dicks is primarily awful cos the music is naff, it's expensive and it's a meat market. if that's your bag, then happy days.

kezzy1966, i found le taverne cramped and the crowd a bit snotty.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kezzy1966 last year the Cactus was certainly doing the late happy hour as well.

I'd recommend the earlier one though, check out the house wine prices, last year I think it was about 10e a bottle, similar price to 2 pints!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
UPDATE...UPDATE

Says here:
on http://www.merinet.com/listings/Meribel/Bars,_Cafes_&_Clubs/106/ALL/ALL/ALL

That Le pub is happy hour 1600-1800. Therefore is it worth leaving Rondo Point when happy hour ends there at 1700 and getting cheap beers at Le pub??
What is Le pub like immediately after skiing?

Also same site indicates La Taverne is happy hour 1700-2000 and 2200-2300
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

music is naff, it's expensive and it's a meat market.

right you have got my interest now...I'll need full directions
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy