Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

forget shaped carver - RAX Generation 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing I was wondering who was going to be first with that one....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Stuff the detailed pics, have you a frontal of the blond?

I`ve already told you that it`s a puppet pasted on a genuine parking lot.
Capito ?

Ok lets make an exception for you, Frosty the Snowman.
Come and ski with us and you will see the girl,
hahaha
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
arv wrote:
Picture at 2) just above is what all your photos should be like if you want people to believe how steep it is.

How steep ? You can measure it on the screen itself.
The rear rim of snow is 55° The fall line in the axis of snow field must be steeper,
let's say 60 degrees.

Rax skis can turn on rear fins
without losing the ground contact,
no "jump turns" required to control the speed.

High frequency of turns (one or more per second)
lets you ride down even couloirs as narrow as two meters.

Spontaneous snow slides.

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops wrote:
...you are supposed to lean back when skiing these skis makes it all look a bit manic. ,,,

No, you are not.
You can use the Rax skis without any leaning back
as these guys on a new video do

http://youtube.com/v/aeP1mbYAIRY
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles wrote:
Think we would have had a bit of grief on some of the thin patches of snow at the bottom of runs at Val Thorens last week, though, with those fins jutting downward onto the rocks/stones. ...

Not you but your aluminium fins would have had a bit of grief on the rocks/stones.
You will make it down without any problems and then see your fins bent and scratched.

Fortunately there is a solution: take fins and brackets made of steel
and enjoy terrain like this couloir leading from Gross Kaserer down to Wildlahn glacier (Hintertux in Tyrol/end of May)

Fins are no hooks to stop the skier's movement but aluminium is simply not hard enough.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing I was wondering who was going to be first with that one....

There is a good news (or bad news to some of you)

RAX SKI IS COMING TO LONDON

for Metro Ski&Snowboard Show Oct 21-25,

Stand 262 (Groundfloor, just behind Trespass)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh joy. Helmets, winter tyres - and now this again. OK, actually I rather enjoy this thread. snowHead Are you going to give them a whirl on the snow slope - if there is one this year?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tom from Austria, welcome back Toofy Grin

I still think they are inherently dangerous to any one you might ski over, although the later models look better, but I admire your persistence and enterprise.

I also think the people skiing in your videos look pretty awful, I wonder why you have disabled comments and ratings ? Wink

Might be good on Dendix though... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't normally bother with the ski show, but now I know Tom from Austria will be there with the Rax, I might just have to look in!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is the greatest ski thread ever!!! Smile ROFL Smile hahaha
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
To be honest, I find this thread a bit irritating. With some balls anyone can get down some horrendous looking slopes on really short skis, which as all these are, you just have to go slower on 'normal' pistes. It's not really skiing, it's glorified semi-controlled sliding on your heels. The equivalent of sliding down scree slopes on your heels as kids, fun but very, very limited.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
666, Have you seen how he's done in the Derby de La Meije on those? Not too shabby!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
666 wrote:
To be honest, I find this thread a bit irritating. With some balls anyone can get down some horrendous looking slopes on really short skis, which as all these are, you just have to go slower on 'normal' pistes. It's not really skiing, it's glorified semi-controlled sliding on your heels. The equivalent of sliding down scree slopes on your heels as kids, fun but very, very limited.

On normal short skis things become unstable very quickly with any sort of speed esp. in slushy conditions. In these conditions Tom drops pretty much straight down the fall line - I skied with Tom for a few hours last season. I doubt anyone here would be able to keep up with him on short skis, most (inc me) wouldn't be able to keep up with him on 'normal skis'. They are a snow tool that enable fun to be had in conditions that would normally have people struggling.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, well said - I like the bit where by you say you have skied with Tom and seen the RAK in action, that is something no one else on here, especially those that are finding fault, can say Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops, yup. I don't think I'll go to the ski show - but the RAX could just pull me in - it's about the one thing that is really new and seems to work.
latest report
achilles, as with all new things there is always a bit of scepticism, and I think a few snowHead have missed the point about the RAX and have been a bit quick to dismiss them. Tom seems to have done a good job with developing his design and safety issues and I remember the thread whereby he first introduced them and he was battered by most posters even though they had never tried them or even seen them, but if I recall DB, was in the area and took up Tom's offfer to meet up to see what they were like in 'real life'. As a boarder I do not know the fine detail as to how they work in comparison to conventional skis, but at the same time I have an open mind to the fact that you might ski them in a slightly different manner to conventional skis, and as is said above, they could simply be another new 'tool' for fun on the mountains, especially the steep steep stuff.

they look quite fun
http://youtube.com/v/ydagWso-QVA&NR=1
ski holidays
rayscoops wrote:
... Tom's offfer to meet up to see what they were like in 'real life'.

Hi snowheads, wake up, the snow is coming in Austria and so is
the Metro Ski&Snowboard Show in London, Olympia Grand Hall, Kensington Oct 21 to 25.

Meet up the RaxSkis there !!
Our stand is 262 on the ground floor next to Trespass, between the Main Slope and the"Dare To Be Snow Zone".
we hope to get a permission to test RaxSkis on the Main Slope.

ski holidays
Hi everybody.

Thanks to all of you who `ve visited RaxSkis
at Metro Snow&Snowboard Show.

You were magnificent audience !
We've got a lot of input from you

snow conditions
Surely having the heel piece at a weird angle effects the release characteristics?
ski holidays
arv wrote:
Surely having the heel piece at a weird angle effects the release characteristics?

Our neighbour in Vienna, Austria and the only partner of RaxSki,
the Tyrolia/Head has tested its SL100 mounted on original RaxSki.
The result: the angle mentioned does not effect the release characteristics
but the boot should fit as tight in the binding as if there were no angle.
This means that while stepping in the binding there should be less tolerance
than with a conventional ski. The boot should slip tighter in the binding.
snow conditions
ISPO 2010
in Munich, Feb.7-10.

Welcome to RaxSki stand No 127 in hall A5 (near Hagan and Rossignol)

ski holidays
the power of Photoshop
snow conditions
2 years later and I still have trouble understanding WHY you want to ski in the backseat.
snow report
I had a look at these skis at the ski and board show in Londinium, didn't get it then, still don't get it now Puzzled
snow conditions
RaxSki is showing new designs and new ideas at ISPO Munich Feb 6 - 9, 2011
hall A4, booth 102B

ski holidays
Tom

How are the sales figures?

I hope for all your time and effort and development you are managing to sell a few.

I can't say I've ever seen anyone on a pair of RAX anywhere.

Maybe the way FORWARD would sponsor the world freeride tour. Think of the publicity and sales that would ensue

Laughing
snow conditions
I started reading this thread thinking that it was a spoof, now realise that it isn't.
One thing I will say is that Tom is no quitter!
I still just don't get it though, I do however admire your perseverance and wish you all the best with your venture.
snow report
hedley wrote:
Tom

How are the sales figures?

Laughing

Of course, they could be better.
But we are selling worldwide 10 times as much as the last year, 60% to Czechia and Slovakia.

Well, the RaxSki has certain features that are really promising: it is absolutely manoeuverable

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tom from Austria,
Quote:

Well, the RaxSki has certain features that are really promising: it is absolutely manoeuverable

Given all the threads recently on baggage limits for aircraft flights I should think another feature might be that it almost fits into a suitacase Laughing

Seriously, respect for sticking with it and I'd love to see you make a real success with them, following a dream and all that, even though I doubt I could ever see myself on a set.
latest report
Megamum wrote:
Tom from Austria,

Given all the threads recently on baggage limits for aircraft flights I should think another feature might be that it almost fits into a suitacase ...

Yes, Megamum, it does

Model "Joker" is just 62cm long,
see www.raxski.com
snow conditions
Quote:

But we are selling worldwide 10 times as much as the last year

cool, 10 pairs?

Quote:

Model "Joker" is just 62cm long,

Priceless.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

Priceless.

Who knows, SMALLZOOKEEPER!

We are just starting, this design is 3 weeks old

www.raxski.com
latest report
Tom from Austria, lovely graphics!
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Tom from Austria, lovely graphics!

Thank you, Hurtle

Let's try some more

snow report
Tom from Austria, Well at least the graphics are nice. Are you having the base skis made esp. for you or are you using existing skis on the market?
ski holidays
Tom from Austria, It might not be the direction you want to go in but rationally to my mind you might be able to capture a commercially worthwhile chunk of the blades market if you get the message across that they're much more fun than blades and can offer something more, assuming they can in both respects.
snow report
PisteHead, Now isn't that funny I was just arriving back to ask what do these have more in common with - a pair of blades or a pair of skis.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy