Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What length of skis would you recommend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of getting a pair of new skis, I've a K2 Escape which is 183cm and I dun really like it cos its a bit difficult to turn.

260lbs, 178cm, beginner - intermediate level.

I'm thinking of Volkl Tigershark/Racetiger. Thoughts anyone?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm thinking those might be too much ski for your ability. How about the Tiger series? Length around 175 at your weight.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what about crosstigers? I'm kinda looking for something which I can speed a little bit on as well....

maybe a racetiger SL?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"beginner - intermediate" - Racetiger SL? A stiff, aggressive competition slalom ski. Yeah perfect choice!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Tigersharks are very nice, but as a beginner/intermediate skier you will find them hard work and not a lot of fun.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Teckie, 203cm for Special Slalom, 207cm for GS was always what I was told...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no one is answering you properly,
its hard to say, without knowing where you ski, whether you like off piste at all blah blah blah

best of you rent and demo and try a few different skis, as a beginner - intermediate I really doubt you will want anything over 175cm especially if you get a piste/groomer ski
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks wbsr for your response.

I will ski on piste, usually ski on red slopes, like a little bit of speed and want to get better in carving. I like to take mid-long radius turns.

The hire skis that I was given previously were 160cm/ 165cm. Both were easy skis but unstable at even medium speeds.

Besides length, what kind of ski's would be appropriate? Something I can improve with...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would recommend trying various ski's and lengths as they all ski slightly different. But also look to the future as well, you don't want to buy a ski that is great now but in a few years you have progressed beyond. Unless you can afford to buy new skis every season. Look at Snow and Rocks ability chart, see where you fit in and try a few skis that start at your level and will allow you to improve. If you are always going to ski on piste then buy piste skis but look at all mountain if you fancy a mixture of piste and off piste or for different snow types.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I jumped onto 168 Volkl Allstars after about 3 weeks of skiing. Its a ski thats both forgiving as well as rewarding when pushed. Was a VERY good choise to improve...

Outgrowing them now though... and probably I punished them too much Wink

I'm 184/78 kilo so kindof different from your statistics....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Get yourself a K2 Ranger, they're really good value and amazing to ski. I've skied for about 5 weeks but i think im picking it up quite quickly. I bought some Rangers from Ellis Brigham just before christmas and took them away a few weeks later. They were AMAZING. Skied all kinds of snow and loads of different speeds and they felt great whatever i did. To be fair i was used to rental skis which were normally in a bad state but i still couldn't believe the difference. The guy in the shop recomended them and to be honest i didnt think i was quite right for them but i followed the advice and they were great. Best thing was they were cheap so i had more money to spend on vino when i was on holiday!!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Teckie, the tigersharks are definatly too much ski , i demo'd some this year and they wanted to be skied fast and hard all the time and for an intermediate skier they are hard work in the bumps and off piste, i agree with "wbrs" demo three or four pairs and see what works best for you wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy