Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Silver Ski ?

Poster: A snowHead
Well I've noticed a couple of similar threads so here is mine.
Already booked and paid, so now looking for experiences of anyone who has been with Silver Ski (door, stable, bolt, close, spring to mind). A company that I can find virtually no reviews on. 30 of us off to La Plagne on Jan 2nd.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been with them four times, twice to La Tania and twice to Meribel. I've booked with them again for New Year at La Tania. They are pretty good. Some of the cooking early on in the saeson can be a bit iffy though. You should be OK in La Plagne under the watchfull eye of Len Silver.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One review on www.ciao.co.uk Doesn't tell you a lot,but the punter seemed fairly satisfied.Only review I can find I'm afraid,sorry.

BTW-cant say I've ever heard of them;but if you have apartment/chalet name you should be able to find that with other operators?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowskisnow, We are in chalet Jasmine, looks lovely and not been built long. Have tried searching using the chalet name in the past, but with no luck. So tried snowheads and look...15 mins and a first hand report already Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks as if John Scott has put your fears to rest Wink Just dont upset the chef Confused Have a good time Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
15 mins;must be slowing down in our old age rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Looks as if John Scott has put your fears to rest Just dont upset the chef
Didnt like to say, but food is my main concern....... must dash my pie is ready in the microwave Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

...15 mins and a first hand report already

snowHead = Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, We skied with Ski Olympic last season which is a similar sort of operation. Several people on the bus had skied with Silver Ski many times and were very complimentary.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris B, We also went with SO to Chalet Mors in Courchevel 1650. They were very good, food was the best we have had whilst skiing. They were only doing 6 days hols early Jan in 2005 so they had to be binned
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, We went to La Ros in Feb and Vallandry in March. Both weeks were very good. As I'm sure the flying squirrel will concur the Vallandry part of Les Arcs is the best base for the area
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry to have worried you about the food. It was only during our stay at Chalet Allison in Meribel (Millennium week) that I have been less than happy with them - they let the chalet run out of heating oil so no heating or hot water for over a day. The only other time was in a beautiful chalet in Meribel Village when the chef had left the previous week. I've haven't stayed in a chalet with a mass market operator recently but I can say that Silver Ski have been better than when we stayed with Simply Ski in Courcheval a couple of Christmas’s ago. In general the staff running the SS chalets tend to be older, often couples, so they don't just serve the food and then disappear as soon as possible to the local pub/club, they stick around for conversation and (optional!) games, etc. Enjoy La Plagne.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have had the brochuer before, and some friends of my in-laws were chalet hosts. Seem to remember they like couples to run the chalets.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There are 30 of us going, and most of us have a mutual friend who does not come with us because he can do it for £120 per person cheaper, and get 8 days skiing in. It does involve however a mini bus journey from the NE of England general layed out on top of bags of dried pasta. They travel over night both ways, and on the last day they pile back into the mini bus, unwashed, and travel home. Self catering of course.

Each to their own I suppose

JAN 2nd BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEE HAH
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, i know someone like that too, in fact stayed in a chalet somewhere with them, where they moaned all week about how they could have cooked better food,drank better wine, and still got back home before the flight left. .
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, My brother and his family have been with them several times and think they're pretty good.
snow report
I've been with SilverSki a number of times and the phrase that springs to mind is "does exactly what it says on the tin". I have always found clean, tidy accommodation in great positions ( in terms of skiing ), good wholesome food and plenty of it, and frindly knowledgable staff. They have a number of chalets in La Plagne but I have stayed at Maxine (right next door to Jasmine Frosty the Snowman, ) and had a great time. Mind you, it was in Jan this year when the snow was just fantastic so I hope this isn't clouding my judgement.
snow report
Timberwolf, I believe the 2 chalets are almost identical, the brochure gives very little deatail. Was it nice?
ski holidays
Correct Frosty, My room was fine, bed was comfy, great shower, enough wardrobe space etc, etc. Lovely, large open plan Lounge/dining room with balcony and views down the valley. Best bit is you come out of the boot room, cross the road and on with the skis/board to scoot down a path to the 4 man chair up to Aime 2000. At the end of the day, there is a bar at the bottom of this path to have a quick beer or three before heading back. Food was good and plentiful. Staff were were great. All in all, pretty good !
snow report
I've stayed in Maxine, next door as well - about 3 years ago. Apparently the two chalets are identical. Silver Ski were wonderful - we really felt well looked after. There were plenty of staff in the Chalet who all seemed to know exactly what they were doing & were very friendly. The food was excellent - good cooking and LOADS of it. There is an excellent restaurant over the road (can't remember what it's called) for your eating out night. The rooms were OK, nothing fancy, but lovely and warm. They had underfloor heating which was great as it snowed constantly all week when we were there & we got soaked every day. You could leave your gear under the bed & it would be bone dry by morning! There was plenty of space in the huge open plan communal room & it was a very welcoming place to hang out in the evenings. I would recommend Silver Ski to anyone - most people seem to get to hear about them through word of mouth as far as I can tell. You will have an excellent time!
snow report
sazza42, Ooooh Ive just gone all goosebumpy in anticipation did you orTimberwolf, have any ski school recommendations you can pass on.
snow conditions
Chris B, Now Im on a roll. We are doing our 1st ever 2nd trip next yr and are off to La Rosiere with Ski Olympic. How was it for U. We are in the cheaper Le Roc Noir
ski holidays
sazza42, the name of the restaurant is the Loup Blank, and its very good. I have been with Silver ski several times and never a single problem. In my book they are the best i have been with (maybe I should'nt say that too loudly) good location, v.good chalets excellent food and rooms. Just missed out on a late deal with them between Xmas and new year for about £550 all in ~ gutted!!
snow report
Frosty, I had a morning's off-piste instruction - the conditions were so good, it would have rude not too ! Now, unfortunately I can't remember the name of the company or the instructer - he was from a small English speaking operation in Plagne Centre - but it probably doesn't matter, because the staff pointed me in his direction so they will undoubtedly do the same for you ( commissions and resort staff favours and all that !!! ) A point to remember for you is that we negotiated hard on the rate and got a great deal ! I think the guy just wanted to get out there on this particular day !!
ski holidays
Silver Ski are good. They deliver what they promise in the brochure ie good food, plenty of ordinary wine, fun social skiing and no "hooray henries". I have been with them three times and would go again.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, We are repeating last season's trip staying in the Quatre Saisons Chalet in La Rosiere the first week in Feb. Last year was great hence the repeat booking. The staff were excellent and very attentive. The lack of queues for the lifts were excellent. We had non stop skiing all week. The fontaine froide red run to the left of La Ros on the piste map is excellent for a high speed blast when nobody's about.
snow report
Chris you'll find it's even better this year with the new Roches Noire chairlift on stream in December.
snow report
David@traxvax, can't wait. Will hopefully track your place down for the future.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris B wrote:
Frosty the SnowmanThe fontaine froide red run to the left of La Ros on the piste map is excellent for a high speed blast when nobody's about.

Ditto that snowHead snowHead snowHead Looking forward to a re-aquaintance in 4.5 weeks.....
latest report
Hunter mega snowhead is far too excited..... Hey guys thanks for the reminder email I had lost my password months ago and now I am back and guess what.... I'm in my wellies!
latest report
wellyski, welcome back. Good news that Admin's mailshot has got at least one lost soul back onto the piste.
ski holidays
wellyski, what, you telling me that you're not? I won't have it wink Anyway, Disco Boy wants to know if these might be yours.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy