Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Downhill World Cup results from Kitzbuhel and Cortina d’Ampezzo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Didier Cuche (Switzerland) went to the top of both the overall and downhill rankings after winning the World Cup Downhill race on the demanding Streif course in Kitzbuhel (Austria) yesterday. His time was 1:52.75. Bode Miller, who had called the run dangerous a few days earlier, and Mario Scheiber (Austria) came joint 2nd in 1:53.02....The race was interrupted for half an hour after a crash by America's Scott Macartney, who lost balance at the final jump before the finish and smashed his head on the snow. He briefly lost consciousness and was taken to a hospital in nearby Innsbruck with head injuries. Organisers said Macartney had a brain contusion but no surgery would be needed.

Full results: http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=49906
Source: http://www.tsn.ca/skiing/news_story/?ID=227690&hubName=skiing

In the women’s Downhill in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Lindsey Vonn (US) easily won with a time of 1:36.70. Anja Paerson (Sweden) was 2nd in 1:37.53 and Emil Brydon (Canada) was 3rd with a time of 1:37.90. Chemmy Alcott came in at 35 (out of 44) in 1: 40.99.

Full results: http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=51801

Current men’s Downhill standings:
1. Didier Cuche (Switzerland) 384 points
2. Bode Miller (U.S.) 363
3. Michael Walchhofer (Austria) 330

Overall standings:
1. Didier Cuche (Switzerland) 765 points
2. Benjamin Raich (Austria) 744
3. Bode Miller (U.S.) 713

Curent women’s Downhill standings:
1. Linsdey Vonn (US) 430 points
2. Britt Janyk (Canada) 264
3. Renate Goetschl (Austria) 255

Overall standings:
1. Nicole Hosp (Austria) 699 points
2. Lindsey Vonn (US) 642
3. Riesch Maria (Germany) 600

Full standings: http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/disciplines/alpineskiing/cupstandings.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
el Hen wrote:
The race was interrupted for half an hour after a crash by America's Scott Macartney, who lost balance at the final jump before the finish and smashed his head on the snow. He briefly lost consciousness and was taken to a hospital in nearby Innsbruck with head injuries.

That was a shocking crash, and his body twitching as he lay injured was quite disturbing Sad

Great race though an Luc Alphand's co-commentary on Channel 4 was very exciting and informative.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

shocking crash

any news - that was awful to watch!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hywel, it was like he was in death throes. A really ugly crash and the way his helmet smashed open just snet a shiver down my spine. An amazing event nonetheles.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Specialman wrote:
Hywel, it was like he was in death throes. .

Agreed, the convulsions appeared to a layman like me to be serious. However, an internet search has turned up this BMJ reference which thankfully indicates that they needn't be so serious. I'm sure some of our medical Snowheads can add their view.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just glad he is awake and sounding like able to make a full recovery, was an ugly crash and seemed like a very long time until a medic was on the scene
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have just got back from Kitzbuhel and watched the race coverage on Sky+.

Scott Macartney's crash was truly horrific. Prior to that incident the atmosphere was elecrtic, then the whole mountain was in stunned silence.

We were watching the race from the finish area, Scott Macartney finally stopped sliding about 30 metres from our position. It was quite shocking witnessing his convulsions, but what wasn't broadcast on TV was that after about 10 seconds of convulsions, his body went totally motionless and my wife and I looked at each other, then looked around the crowd and I'm sure everybody was fearing the worst.

The race continued, gradually the atmosphere came back, but there was no news of Scott's situation and we lost some enthusiam for the race.

Some great memories from the weekend, but one not so great one which will last longer Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

We can only hope that the news reports of him making a full recovery prove to be correct.

Scott, we wish you a speedy and full recovery.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

http://youtube.com/v/1m5Ww0_q5oE
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
masmith, even watching on telly it was hard to get into the race again after seeing that crash. Imagine what the competitors still to ski had to deal with. Bode still skied like a nutter, glancing off the netting, before Cuche put down the nicest run to take a deserved win, all IMHO.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ohh that's terrible for macartney.. Sad

snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
he's now out of the hospital and moving around, a little sore in the shoulders and neck he says !! Blog here

Quite a miracle really.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy