Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to from Zurich Airport...St Anton??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Have flights organised for four of us from Dublin to Zurich 27th Feb - 2nd March.....Had intended to get the train to St Anton but struggling to find accommodation at a reasonable price for 4 nights (any suggestions??) Also, we are a mixed lot, 1 x beginner, 1 x one timer, 1 intermediate and then there's me....Expert at everything apart from securing accommodation Very Happy I'm a little concerned that the new/inexperienced guys will struggle in St Anton??....

Anyway, I'm up for any advice/suggestions at all....

Thanks,

Bendy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bendy... there are heap of threads on this board about beginners and St Anton, so perhaps do a search. The bottom line is that there are options for beginners at St Anton, but it is not the best place. There is a big jump from the baby / trainer lifts to the next level up. Lech, which is a short bus trip from StA, offers more possibilities.

If you cannot find anything at StA, then try further up the valley, ie St Jakob and beyond. There is pretty good transport between those villages and StA. NB: Most places operates on a Saturday to Saturday basis, so in StA you will have to be lucky to find a place where the people have left early, or be prepared to pay for the whole week. You can get lucky if you are prepared to leave it to the last minute.

Train from ZRH to StA is very good - there is an train station at the airport - catch a train to the HBf and swap to a mainline train. Check www.oebb.at
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ben Dover, I can heartily advice Klosters and getting residence is very easy. The train from Zurich Airport take 2 1/2hrs. If you really want cheap accomodation there is a youth hostel in the nearby town Davos but I prefer the village life of Klosters!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies....I can't get any accommodation in St Anton at all....I've tried Klosters and can get somewhere reasonably suitable...plectrum, is Klosters expensive for food or more importantly beer...Also, is there a good nightlife ? I'll do a quick search and see what I can find on Klosters and Davos as well...Thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Arosa in Switzerland, not too difficult to ski, nice train ride and somewhere to stay maybe easier to get
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy