Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DM's Trip to the zoo: Part the 2nd, "Agony - or - Ecstasy?" (A: EEEEEs!)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well. My when we wewre fitting it, my poor foot was somewhat bruised and the SZK and I couldn't really establish whether it was happier or not.

Anyway... after a very disappointing downhill today - sorry, got a drinks party to go to...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 21-01-08 22:03; edited 4 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch, Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sorry szk, that didn't really come out right.

What I really meant to say was,

After the ZK(S) had worked his magic, we really couldn't test its efficacy because my feet were already so sensitive. And it was running late and he'd already contributed an unreasonably kind and generous amount of his time. So we both parted company and tootled off for supper.

Anyway, the net effect is that the boots are now the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.

Seriously.

I make them pair #13 in my skiing life not counting multiple hire efforts. At an average of ~4 years per pair (given that pairs 1 thru 6 were pre-puberty) that's I think about right? That's also rather a lot of days of sore feet...

What do I attribute this to?

1. I think the quality of the liners is very good. Plus I think a lot of what I suffered in prior cases was trying to get a poorly fitting shell to conform to my poorly constructed feet.

2. I hate to say it but if I was an aspirant racer, they're too big (please note this is my fault, not the vendor's and certainly nothing to do with ZK(S)). Now a little bedding in is happening and I am clamping them quite hard down. Given my typical demands, they'll probably be fine...but if anyone wants to swap a 26 Dobermann for a 25, you're welcome. That positive upshot is that the bits of my foot that need space generally have it.

3. Most importantly, while I seem to have lucked out a little with the general foot-boot interface, the Zoo(Small)Keeper knew exactly what to do to deal with the immediate problem and even better seems to have a few tricks up his sleeve for what's likely to evolve over time.

But I do, really, really wish I'd visited him first ...don't make my mistake - go see him before you buy anything!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 21-01-08 22:00; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, just bumping so you see a fuller analysis (and thanks again...)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy