Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski carriage question.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi.

I have booked a weeks holiday with Crystal and was wondering if anyone knows about their policy regarding ski carriage.

When booking the holiday, at no point on their website was I offered the option of taking my own skis and the normal extra charges associated with it.
When I received my tickets it stated that the charge is £15 in advance or £30 minimum at the airport or worse still that they may decide I can't take my own equipment and have to leave in storage at the airport.

I have tried phoning them and been kept waiting for ages and sent 3 emails about it with no response. We're off in a week and it's starting to worry me slightly.

Does anyone have any experience of this or any advice. (apart from, "Don't book with Crystal").

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dirty.hands, I phoned them, got straight through and they added the skis. I am travelling Air Canada and if you don't book skis in advance they charge you $225 CA at the airport Shocked.

keep phoning, I suppose.

edit: I told them there was no way to book skis when doing online booking, but call centre person only said its usually there rolling eyes

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 19-01-08 15:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Used them last year. Flying from Leeds. Ski carridge had to be paid when booking the holiday
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, Can you remember which number you called because I've spent ages on hold.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hallelujah. I don't know if the Snowheads have brought me good luck, but I just got through and booked my skis. Hurrah.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 19-01-08 20:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dirty.hands, excellent news, I was just about to look it up for you Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have booked with First Choice (same company now as Crystal) for Easter flying Manchester to Geneva 07.00. No option for ski carriage at time of booking, when I went in to pay the balance still not an option. They are going to keep trying for me.

They have said I will be able to to pay at airport but it will be more expensive £20 instead of £15. I have also informed them that the worst case scenario is that the carrier will not allow my gear on the flight, 4 pairs of skis. That would seriously ruin my holiday and add extra expense. Another point why should I have to pay more when I cannot pre book.

I guess my best option is to get my finger out and make sure they get pre booked.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's usually on the screen that has lift passes, ski packs etc on one of the drop down menus. If not you can usually go into "mycrystal" at the top of the page and add any extras. That's how it was last year when I added on lift passes, don't know if it's the same for this year but I guess it doesn't matter as you are sorted! But for anyone else - try these options.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
minx, it def wasn't there this year, including the mycrystal bit, but it may be fixed now
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy