Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Recon

Poster: A snowHead
Just bought a pair of these, cant wait till next week to test them out - Les Arcs here I come Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess it will be better than all that rain your getting right now snowHead have fun
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
II,

Your not wrong about the rain !! living in evesahm we have seen some floods recently Sad Im hopeing it doesnt get as bad as July last year !!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tried mine out for the first time in Tignes over Christmas - absolutely superb.

Only problem is that I ended up in the medical centre. Somehow I managed to ski over my own arm. Ended up haved 12 stiches and ruining my jacket, wind stop fleece and posh underwear.

The skis were excellent though - very sharp!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
griffterski,

Shocked Shocked sounds painfull I will try not to repeat !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Somehow I managed to ski over my own arm

How on earth did you do that?!!! Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kwakazx6r, what length have you got?

Mine are 174. I tried this and the 167 and could not really tell them apart on the slope so went for longer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dwarf Vader,

I went for 167 but im only 5'8" and about 73Kg think that should be ok ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kwakazx6r, I'm the same hight but about 82kg's ....... does that make me a fat Fitzwilliam or you a skinny runt? NehNeh
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dwarf Vader,

couldnt possibly comment wink wink wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kwakazx6r - you'll love them......they helped me massively to move from on piste to off piste before moving onto some fat planks. May take a bit of time to get used to as I found were very flexible..........which gave me massive confidence ploughing into moguls, dunno why but helped. Only downside I found was that the front end did chatter going downhill at speed which was slightly unnerving until used to it and they were harder on my legs because so flexible. This year's model may be bit stiffer tho.......am off to les arcs on sunday with mates and given mine to one for him to progress onto all mountain. Enjoy !!! Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sd2010,

'chatter going downhill at speed '

I know what you mean - I hired some B3s last year and they did that, as you say a bit unnerving until you get use to it
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kwakazx6r, i am 5'6" and have just demo and bought the 167cm and they were just fantastic in all conditions out in aspen , not the fastest skis but a great allrounder, i weigh about 92k so that cuts down the chatter, and the extra length helps smooth out the bounce in the moguls, i tried this and last years models and last years came out best snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm 6' and 85(ish)kg. I went for 181cm - love 'em!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
griffterski wrote:
Tried mine out for the first time in Tignes over Christmas - absolutely superb.

Only problem is that I ended up in the medical centre. Somehow I managed to ski over my own arm. Ended up haved 12 stiches and ruining my jacket, wind stop fleece and posh underwear.

The skis were excellent though - very sharp!

Shocked

What? HOW?
snow report
What length would you get it your were the following:

5' 10" and 90Kgs?
ski holidays
PowderHunter, 174cm
snow conditions
PowderHunter, I'm 5' 9" and around 85kilos(ish) and I have the K2 Recon 167's. They are actually longer than that tip-to-tip as i believe they measure only the portion in contact with the ground (I think there is a thread on this somewhere?) and not the fornt rear tips but, personally, I prefer a slightly shorter ski which is why 167 does me fine.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
PowderHunter, at 90kgs and if you intend to hunt powder but ski it even if it's not in champagne nick then get 181s.

... or outlaws in a 174 ... or 174 recons and a diet !
snow report
I'm 6'1 amd 105kg's tested the 174s but ended up buying the 181s. guy in the shop said to go for the biggest ski as better in powder. He wasn't wrong Very Happy
snow report
I bought my Recons in 2006 and absolutely love them! I'm 6ft and 14st and bought the 174cm's. It did take me a while to get use to them as they are more flexible than anything I had tried previously - hammer the leg muscles for the first couple days!

Although they aren't super fat I find that they handle even the deepest powder without too much trouble - my technique aside! I may look at getting the 181cm's next season as i am really getting into powder skiing these days. Happy skiing! Razz
ski holidays
Just got back from my trip on my new virgin Recons. for the first two day I really struggled with the extra length. Hard work on the thighs.
The big bonus I got out of the week was that to ski them properly I had to sort my technic out, It was really hard work to use until I got my weight more forward then on my old ski's and to concentrate on what I was doing.
The guys who I skied with said that I look more in control now that before.
By the end of the holiday I really got enjoy them Smile

The only warning I now have is the top sheet seems to be a bit soft or weak as a very nice taxi driver managed to knock a good size grove out of my poor babies Sad

Back to the days of skis been as long as I am Very Happy
latest report
6ft and 85kgs should be on 181 for deep snow. You might get away with 174 here but not optimal for float.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy