Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can any snowboarder relate to or advise????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kruisler, sounds fine and as you get better the carved turns can be done in a 'one meter corridor' all of your own and others will be able to avoid you if they need to go past you. May the force be with you
Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would be careful on the cat tracks as conditions change.
When the snow is soft, I can hack down them totally in control, but as they get hard or even icey with tracks, catching an edge certainly becomes more likely.

I just keep the board up high on one edge, bend my knees and change edges as often as my legs tire.

Personally if conditions are hard pack or ice, i avoid them at all costs.

I have notice since going from soft to intermediate boots things being easier. Certainly if the ankles are nice and tight its easier changing edges.
I guess this is due to the board not staying flat whilst my ankles waggle in the boots.

So .. do up your laces, stay on edges, change edge quickly if need to, DONT lean back.

Actually the later is not strictly true with me. I will lean back if i really slow down going up hill to squeeze a few feet of distance out.

Tux
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tony Lane wrote:
As for cat tracks, often the issue is to maintain momentum at a steady speed. Simply letting the board run and then scrubbing off speed by flicking the tail out is not the best option and means you are fairly limited in how you can react to the terrain or other skiers (for instance, you are always on the same edge and therefore always heading in the same direction). Even on a narrow track, the objective should be to be flicking from edge to edge with the board essentially pointing along the track (and only slightly changing direction as you flick from edge to edge). This can be done within a space of less than a metre wide and so far narrower than any track. It does not come easily for beginners but that is what you should be aiming for. If you start going too fast, the radius and cut back of your turns can increase, but when you need to keep momentum, just keep smoothly flicking, flicking, flicking... The technique is no different from properly carved wide radius turns, but you just need to be more subtle and it comes more from the feet than from movements of the upper body.

What he said! Little Angel

joe
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy