Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevaler Trip 28th Jan-1st Feb.(Split from Snow Reports thread)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Will be in Serre Chevalier 28th Jan till 1st Feb. Only 3 daze sking. But 3 is better than nothing.
One of the guys in the party has never been before and wants to do ski school.
Can you recommend a school near Villeneuve and a board and ski rental shop.
I know its not the right forum to ask but been reading your superb snow reports for few weeks and see your a friendly bunch.
Keep posting the pics. Loooks excellent!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowangel. wrote:
ThongyBy the way the beauty pagent, its a cross dressing one! Biggest laugh ever! Been going 15 years now i think. My hubby won 2 years ago Very Happy its a great laugh!

We'll be there! Right, off to pack last bits, this time tomorrow night, we'll be in the Extreme Bar!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rickspur, www.snow-connections.com tell them Kim from high rock chalet gave you the details. They meet at l'aravet.
also there is various shops oposite la grotte who you can hire kit off. If its for a snowboard i'd use dr feelgood
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rickspur, For skis i'd also use Dr Feelgood. my mate had a pair of intermediates off him last week and half-way through changed the piste carvers for freestyle/ off piste beasties.
Both sets were well waxed and edged and pretty new.

For ski-school i always use ESF. They've got a base right opposite the aravet bubble and every resort i've ever used them in i've found them excellent.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rickspur, Please dont use ESF, support the independents. GEt better service with english speaking instructors. I have many many issues wtih the esf and i'm not going to go into it here. Just remember you dont have to suffer the massive classes there are other options out there!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowangel., I agree, although I haven't used ESF in Serre Chevalier before, and my friends who did were satisfied.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In spite of this supposed to be about snow reports, I feel I have to wade in at this point. I do not think one should "write" off a whole business based upon personal issues or prejudices.

Not to mention that you are (or were) employed by a local French business rolling eyes

I can recount personal and non-personal experiences from a good number of people who have had excellent experiences at the hands of ESF in Serre Chevalier and I think statements like the above have no place here. Its not exactly the first time either. Being a "local" does not IMO give anyone the right to impose their personal views and to use their gripe to influence others.

In the interest of balance, I have also experienced one of the Brit ski schools on several occasions and they were also very good.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
An interesting thread considering that i intend to use one of the ski schools in the future. I've seen an English instructors webpage, which i was impressed by, but I've used ESF elsewhere and they've been brillaint on both occasions.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowangel. wrote:
rickspur, www.snow-connections.com tell them Kim from high rock chalet gave you the details. They meet at l'aravet.
also there is various shops oposite la grotte who you can hire kit off. If its for a snowboard i'd use dr feelgood

Hi Kim Hope you don't mind if I mention you name as well -sent an email to snow connections through their website. Price for private lessons seems very competitive.

dan
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy