Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski school/hire in pila/Aosta

Poster: A snowHead
[Hi, as far as I can see there is only one ski school in Pila - does anyone know different.Also I have found out on here that you can ski hire in Pila and someone mentioned there might be a ski hire at the bottom of the gondala in Aosta. Anyone got any more info? We are going in Feb for the first time.Cheers everyone
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Roccia at Pila. http://www.espace-de-pila.com/struttura.asp?ID=19
Watch out if you go for Gal Sport who are by the telecabina in Aosta. They set bindings to Kg/10.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure what you mean by bindings.What's wrong with Gal Sport? Cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is also point du sport (i think) in front of the lift office at the bottom of the telecabina.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks,anymore suggestions? Ive sorted my ski lessons now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hairygerbil, Have you contacted Interski? The operate a large facility there and have been very helpful to me in the past. www.interski.co.uk
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yup have contacted.They're not interested unless you book the whole holiday with them.Told me they don't do just ski lessons.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did you book your holiday with them?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hairygerbil, Yes I did (first time I went). Second time just made my own arrangements, but had lessons from them. That was a few years ago though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did you book the lessons when you got there and if so where did you go to to do that or was it all done and dusted prior to your hols.Do you know much about Pila?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hairygerbil, Booked over the phone when I knew I was going. If they don't offer lessons any more without the whole package can't really help (but see you have them sorted anyway). Have been to Pila about four times. Stayed in Holiday Inn (down in Aosta) The Hotel Europe and once at the Hotel 'Class'. Holiday inn is a bus ride down to the Godola each morning, Europe is a longish 10-15 minute walk, Had the car with me at the Class so it was a 5 minute drive.

Gondola picks up from down by the river and takes about 15 minutes to get up to Pila. best bar is the Yeti right by the gondola top station. best drink is a Bombardino. Beginners learn on the Baby Pila and Baby gorraz runs which are very small, once you can plough the Grimod is a lovely easy blue. After that there are loads of nice Reds in particular off the Leisse Chair. Couis 2 is the steepest red I have ever skied (steeper than a few Blacks) so definitely NOT for beginners.

If you are staying down in Aosta there are quite a few restaurants and bars in the old part, easy to find. People are friendly and beer /pizzas are cheap. Did I mention Bombardinos?

It's a great little resort, you'll have a blast Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ive got myself confused.I sort of booked lessons just need info on ski hire now.LOL
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers .We staying at Hotel Bus ( from what I can remember!)I will make sure I go no where near Couis 2.Im crap at skiing and can only manage easy blue
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hairygerbil, Hotel Bus is right in the old part. Interski use it so it's on their website. I have hired from GAL sport down by the gondola, and they didn't set my DINS wrong. Stick to Grimod and you'll be fine.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cheeers
ski holidays
Hi hairygerbil

when are you off to Pila, I land on 02/02/08, have you arranged transport
snow report