Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

movement bindings- did previous models have a problem?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
a couple of years ago I tested a selection of skis- including some Movement Demon Flames- which I really liked on piste as they were really very fast, responsive and precise- except when I tried bumps or off piste I came out of the bindings and fell over- which isn't a common problem and didn't happen with any of the others skis I tested that week (dynastar legends, K2 Public Enemies, K2 apache recons, salomon 1080 foils).

The movement skis had their own brand bindings on a demo plate.

Last week I went into a ski shop in Argentiere where they had lots of Movement skis- I mentioned my problem- and the shop keeper immediately said that the old bindings had been crap - that the new movement bindings were rebranded Look bindings (they were I think with the Geze toe piece and Look heel piece that is used by Rossignol, Scott etc).

Is this true (that the old Movement bindings had problems)?

Have other snowheads had similar problems?

Are their any snowheads with older Movement bindings- how are they performing/- the guy mentioned that they needed to be set up quite differently from other bindings.

If others report similar problems then- I'll be relived that it just wasn't me being rubbish- and will almost certainly get some Movement Flames (I have some Movement Freeheels which I really like as well) probably with some Salomon bindings.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they use VIST bindings these days
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
barry, Not strictly true. As far as I know, the use of Rossignol/Look bindings by Movement is new; previous years they purely used the Vist bindings.

Looking at the Movement website (http://www.movementskis.com/), their bindings seem to include both rebranded Vist and Rossignol/Look bindings. The website lists the PURE 311, CORE 412, CORE 614, and CORE 816, which are rebranded Vist bindings. The FREESKI and BONKERS bindings are the Look NX and PX models rebranded.

edsilva, Note that Scott doesn't use a Look heel piece, but a Salomon one.

Having never used Vist binings, I can not comment on any issues they may or may not have with retention under certain circumstances. Kiwi1 or Spyderjon might be able to advice you on how to set up the Vist bindings for best performance.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy