Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructor recommendations for Le Corbier?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Firstly hello Very Happy First post on here so I'll try to make it a sensible one...

Background first - 33 year old, male and mad keen to ski, but due to starting a family over the last few years and not having skied as a kid, I've managed three weeks of skiing over the last 7 years or so Sad (Selva, Tignes and Meribel). That's only 3 weeks of skiing, but without wanting to sound bigheaded, I think I've progressed pretty well, am a fast leaner and am fit and active. Am comfortable getting down pretty much most slopes (when bashed) and by the end of the last trip I was known to take the moggled black run back to the village through choice for some practice (albeit fairly slowly wink )

Anyhow, enough waffle.... heading out to Le Corbier this year. Did group lessons for my first two trips but didn't bother for the last one -didn't feel like I progressed fast enough in the group environment and in any case did have a very experienced mate with us who did a little tutoring. So, this time round I'm thinking a few private lessons would be in order to a) make sure I continue to improve and b) iron out any bad habits. I guess my questions are:

1. Any recommendations for an instructor in Corbier?
2. How many lessons? Was thinking 2 * 2 hours, after taking the first day or so of the hols to get used to skiing again

Sorry for the long post, and any suggestions? Ta, Twiz
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just bumping this back up.... I guess not many people have actually been to Corbier?!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Twizit, Welcome to Snowheads. Its annoying when people don't pay any attention to your post or don't answer, I have a similar. Sorry if you were expecting an answer to the question. Ive never been to the area so I wouldnt have a clue. In an area like Le Corbier not all the ESF instructors will be able to speak English, that is something worth bearing in mind.

Are your kids old enough to ski yet? (without sounding spoilt) I was rather dissapointed I couldn't go skiing untill I was 15. That will either increase the trips due to all of you loving it, or decrease due to the expense of skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Twizit, its okay I'm here now... Very Happy If you can already ski then I would personally ski to La Toussuire and arrange to meet Nadine Bonnel from the ESF there. Nadine is the complete mountain lady who lives in La T she climbs and guides in the summer too, her standard of tution is high and her english is very good IMO. She's very popular so unless someone else can recommend in La C I'd send a mail to the ESF in La Toussuire as soon as you decide. You may be able to meet a the top of the lift in La T coming up from Le C. Hope you enjoy your holiday, is this a first visit to Les Sybelles ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks for the replies you two. Christopher - don't worry I'm well used to using forums, and to be honest I wasn't sure I'd get much of a response as I know Corbier isn't the most well known or popular of resorts. My kids are currently 2 and 5 so the eldest is probably ok to try now, but we will proabably wait 3 more years until we can all ski rather than have to put the youngest in a creche (in any case my wife is very understanding and has no problem me going off with my mates wink )

Frosty you star Very Happy Just the sort of recommendation I was hoping for. Should be no problem getting across to Toussuire. Time to send an email.....

Cheers, Twiz
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Twizit, I learnt to ski in La T and have fond memories of this area, hope you have fun. My Mum returned from La T last week and had a great time with plenty of snow
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool - from what I've read it sounds like a good place to take the family once they are all old enough to ski, so I will be checking it out with that in mind. Email has gone to ESF so will see where that gets me....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy