Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

the"WHAT'S IN YOUR LOCAL TK MAXX?" thread...

Poster: A snowHead
DAVE 2227, Very Happy

I went into my TKmaxx yesterday and seen a really hideous all in one snowsuit thing. I had nightmares about it last night... haha
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just seen they're opening a store here.
We used to have 4 major stores doing Wintersports stuff, but 1 has gone bust (but still trading), 1 has pretty much stopped wintersports in favour of walking/hiking stuff, 1 sells own brand only, and 1 only sells Schöffel, TNF, and Mammut. I reckon TK maxx might be getting some trade.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was in the TKMaxx by the Trafford Centre today.

Ladies wise mostly jackets (Dare2be and Trespass mostly), but the odd pair of trousers mostly a brand I hadn't heard of but some Surfanic and O'Neil.

I didn't really look closely at the mens, but they had some Nike ACG trousers in.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Passed the Aylesbury store yesterday and popped in. Found a £19.99 Trespass jacket for my daughter in law - we can take it back if she doesn't like it but it's basically black and not offensive in any way. Not high spec, unsurprisingly. I had homed straight in on a very nice looking jacket then discovered it was a Rossignol and the price label said £429. I tried it on but it was too small for me (fortunately) so I didn't bother to ask the T K Maxx price but it was a very,very, nice jacket. They had a bit better range than in Waterlooville last time I looked but no accessories - no gloves, goggles etc. It's too early.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The TKMaxx in Swansea City Centre is closing down; which will explain why they've got no virtually no new ski gear this autumn. It will all go to the Morfa store.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, They have a few Rossignol jackets in the Bletchley branch and the price of the ones I looked at was £49. They seemed to have very long sleeves though for the size of the jacket (I think they were mostly medium).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went to Brent X branch this morning. Nothing but tat Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Iski wrote:
pam w, They have a few Rossignol jackets in the Bletchley branch and the price of the ones I looked at was £49. They seemed to have very long sleeves though for the size of the jacket (I think they were mostly medium).

We've just been to the Bletchley one as well Very Happy - only looked at the men's stuff though (actually, I didn't see any women's skiwear - is it hiding behind the stairs?). Lots & lots of Trespass & Surfanic, of course, but also some O'Neill & Quicksilver. Plus quite a few items from a brand I've never heard of, Static, which appears to be really good quality at a very reasonable price. (I've just looked it up & it's an Italian snowboarding brand which doesn't seem to have any non-Italian outlets, which is presumably why it's completely unknown to me!) We were sufficiently impressed to buy a pair of salopettes & a jacket, anyway, so let's hope that it lives up to its promise... snowHead Seriously, it's worth a look, I think - I also rather liked the designs, but then I can be a bit 'loud'... Toofy Grin

Might check out the new branch in central MK tomorrow/next week - will report back if I do!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not a lot in Aylesbury yesterday rolling eyes

pam w, Think I may have tried the same jacket on as well Laughing Cream/white coloured?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jo225, They've moved things around at Bletchley and the active wear and snow sports stuff is now at the back of the ground floor on the left, where the underwear/nightwear/toiletries used to be.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Iski wrote:
Jo225, They've moved things around at Bletchley and the active wear and snow sports stuff is now at the back of the ground floor on the left, where the underwear/nightwear/toiletries used to be.

Ah, right... mind you, I was quite pleased that there was no immediately obvious women's stuff as I really don't need any new ski gear, & we were there to look for a jacket for Peter. Unfortunately, there was this rather nice little jacket up there that fitted me quite well... Toofy Grin

And sadly, we are going to have to go back to return a pair of jeans (didn't bother trying them on in the shop, because I knew they'd fit, then got home & discovered that the zip was broken - shame, they're lovely & they were the only pair Sad ) so I won't be going to the back left hand corner tomorrow, will I... no, that won't be happening at all... Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was over visiting parents today oop north and so popped into the Blackburn store, bought a very nice Rossi pair of gloves for myself £15, they had the little zip pocket on the hand for the lift pass which I think will be very useful! Hubby has a similar kind and just whizzed through the turnstiles this season while I had to shove myself up to the scanner and it still wouldn't beep!

Other quality stock they had in, a few very nice ladies Rossi pieces, jackets and pants mostly in size M and cream/white, jackets £50, pants £25. Also a few nice Patagonia things, good padded jackets and soft shells. All the usual other tat brands. A lot of Tommy Hilfiger gear too which I have never seen before, quality looked good, not sure about the label really though.

Didn't have time to go over to mens but in kids they had a decent range of stuff for girls, mainly Surfanic nice looking and coordinating jackets and pants. Boys stuff was more drab and not as much of it. For a 10 year old girl they had a Christian Dior cream coloured fartbag with gold zips and lots of quilting, bling bling!

Off topic, the handbag section and thermos flask sections were very well stocked Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Was in the Harrogate TK Maxx yesterday - got some Rossignol leather mittens with duck down insides for....£14!!! Was very happy. They had a few pairs of gloves, a lot of sallopettes and jackets. I saw a lot of Protest stuff, a lot of Surfanic stuff, some Billabong/Roxy/Quiksilver stuff and a very small amount of Tog 24/Schoffell, so might be worth a look.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weston super Mare yesterday. Quite a reasonable choice of both jackets and trousers, men and women. A very few gloves/socks etc. Daughter in law got quite a good Killtec jacket, so that's sorted. Some very peculiar Helly Hansen jackets with patch pockets and buttons.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chelmsford today - ladies Roxy jackets £49.99, very nice.
ski holidays
they had some very nice Roxy jackets in Weston - but all very small, sadly.
snow report
Rossignol ladies jackets in Stafford!
ski holidays
Bobbed into the one in Meadowbank a few weekends ago - slim pickings. Did see a nice board jacket but then went to try it on and the zip fell off. Nice. Loads of surfanic stuff, anyone know whether they're worth having? Relatively new brand I think but seems decent quality. I'll update this when I've been again in a few weeks
snow conditions
t.hyde wrote:
Loads of surfanic stuff, anyone know whether they're worth having?

It does the job. I have a fairly old Surfanic jacket which I used to use all the time for snowsports - my other kit was for climbing or high altitude nonsense.

It's fine for me down to about -6 or so with a decent baselayer under it. Zip on/off hood and powder skirt if you need them.

It's not Arcteryx or Mountain Force, but then again neither are you paying for those brands and their names.

Cheers!
snow conditions
Some very warm Rossignol medium gloves in Lewisham!
latest report
Nothing in 3 of the 4 local branches to me, apparently they will be starting to get some goggles in the next few days.

Has anyone seen those decidely Italian looking (short length) ski jackets with the built in body armour on the shoulders and back and elbows that they were flogging last year? I didn't buy then because it made me look like a twit but I did wonder if the inbuilt protection was any good. Anyone give it a try?
ski holidays
Patagonia Primo Down Jacket in Bradford store, well there was Very Happy
ski holidays
Stopped in to (Creepy) Crawley at the weekend. Among the usual piles of excrement were a few glittering gems - specifically a nice Patagucci and a couple of tech looking Rossi jackets. Unfortunately all were insulated thereby rendering them useless as sports outerwear. No socks worth having , which is the main reason I go there. Possibly wimmin's selection was better.
snow conditions
I was in the Teesside park TK MAxx last weekend and they had some lovely pink rossingol jackets in - they cost £49 (although the original tag said something liek 450 euros!!!!)
latest report
Just got a Rossignol Jacket in Nottingham for less than £49!
latest report
Rossignol ladies jackets in Team Valley, Gateshead branch on Friday, all medium sized and all reps samples. Not had time to go to durham branch this week.
latest report
Lots of Men's black Swany gloves in different sizes, yesterday in the Nottingham Broadmarsh branch. Not a lot of gloves at the main store near the Victoria Centre. They seemed pretty nice but fingers a little long for me. Had leather palms.
snow conditions
Popped into Telford on Sunday. Plenty of ladies stuff but very little men's and kids. Highlight of the trip was walking in the door and 3 y/o daughter shouting 'Daddy, is this Tacky Maxx?'. Oh, how we laughed.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just had an email saying that you will be able to buy skiwear online from TK MAXX soon. I'm sure this will be a relief to those who cannot stand going in the shop to look for bargains. Laughing
ski holidays
pokemon, bring it on.
snow report
Just been into Tk's, must have been lucky. amongst all the tat there was a few Rossingol Goretex jackets for £49.99. Original price must be somewhere around £350.

The one I got looks about 2 seasons old, but for a nifty I couldn't care less. Was quite funny seeing everyone else ignoring these in favour of the Dare2Be jackets.

Be warned some of the Rossi jackets looked ancient, think I got lucky. They also had pants for £30 but passed on these as they actually were PANTS.
ski holidays
Popped into the Kensington High St store yesterday (a revelation daahling, looks nothing like my local store!). They had a fair number of jackets, including some Tenson, Patagonia and Rossignol and some of last year's lovely Westbeach stuff (the purple and black check..mmm). Had some salopettes too, mostly Quicksilver and similar, though some nice looking Patagonia ones as well (but not in my size Crying or Very sad )
snow report
Colin B wrote:
Unfortunately for me Peterborough must be one of the few cities of it's size without a TK Maxx Sad

I live there too, and often visit Corby, Boston, Lincoln or Northampton. I also travel a lot and regularly visit both Lakeside and Hatfield.
So far this season the jackets I have seen have all been great for first time skiers looking to buy on a budget, but no good for those of us with an eye for quality gear. Its all Trespass and Dare2be, not really the best stuff around.
But an insulated jacket for £50, cant go wrong.

Last couple of years I have bought some right bargains here: North Face goggles for £25, Bailo jacket for £80, Animal sallos for my daughter £20, and some really smart mustard coloured sallos for my son for £20 too. Plus Reucsh gloves for £25 that should have been £85.
You do need to be lucky and time it right though.

My best bargain have to be a pair of Nick ACG red sallos from a Nike outlet store for £17. Result.
snow report
Skiwear now online at www.tkmaxx.com. Not a lot there though. I suppose the real finds are always going to be the single items they get occasionally in the shops rather than the website which will only sell items they have plenty of.
snow report
I got a bargin this last weekend in the Hemel Branch. So I got to wear my new Jacket on the snow 30mins later. Smile
snow report
Ours must be almost open. Hoarding has gone, but windows still covered, and this week I saw 1 tram and 1 bendy-bus plastered in their advertising.

Only thing I need to buy before the snow arrives is a new pair of gloves though.
ski holidays
I bought some volkl team pro trousers reduced from 200 to 39, bright red but they'll do the trick.
snow report
duplicated

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 19-10-09 23:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Salisbury branch has loads of Ladies stuff but only half a rail of mens Confused
ski holidays
Just been to the Maidstone branch.

There's alot of rubbish but I did manage to find a nice Goretex Rossignol jacket for £49.99 (price label had an original price of €510!) shame it was slighty to small! They also had one nice Volkl jacket for a ton and a Nike ACG for £59.99.

After much indecision I decided 4 ski jackets was enough so they're all still available!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy