Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

the"WHAT'S IN YOUR LOCAL TK MAXX?" thread...

Poster: A snowHead
truffaut wrote:
As established skiers who presumably haven't been renting their clothing (?) I am surprised that any snowheads who aren't parents go near the place. Is it the female need to change outfit every year or is it because their stuff falls apart so quickly ? (like the kids' salopettes I got there last year which are already completely frayed around the bottom edges and the gloves I got for myself which fell apart on the third day).

Because you can't have just one jacket / salopettes?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2 Spyder jackets in Hatfield Galleria for £80 each. I'm happy to drool over the brand but not in the colours available! Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3 stores near me - buggerall in any of them worth writing home about Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
truffaut wrote:
As a parent I reluctantly use TK Maxx for my kids' jackets and salopettes, but only because of the poor selection elsewhere (even if money were no object I can't find a single boys' jacket at S&R with a decent range of pockets).

As established skiers who presumably haven't been renting their clothing (?) I am surprised that any snowheads who aren't parents go near the place. Is it the female need to change outfit every year or is it because their stuff falls apart so quickly ? (like the kids' salopettes I got there last year which are already completely frayed around the bottom edges and the gloves I got for myself which fell apart on the third day).

Doesn't matter where you buy it from if its crap, its crap, simples. I have just started using my Goretex Columbia jacket complete with Recco reflector for walking the dog. it's 3 years old and has done 9 weeks and I am sure it would quite easily do another 9 weeks. But when they are selling last season spyder jackets for £99, I'm having one and as a bonus I get to be the best dressed dog-walker around, and just in case there is a landslide on the side of Pendle hill, theres a good chance they will be able to find me Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lime green women's Spyder jacket size 12 going for peanuts in the TKMaxx in Birmingham on Saturday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My Partner ( snowHead Just_Jill) cameback from the MK branch on Sunday (whilst I satyed at home with a cold and watched the grand prix Very Happy ) with some very nice ski socks that were a good deal at £9 for a 2 pair pack, Gloves and Hats a plenty and some Surfanic and Iguana stuff for ladies.

Apprently there may be mens stuff there too - but she did not check it out or buy me any goodies Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh I forgot there were also quite a few pairs of white (womens) Orage pants (all too long for me Crying or Very sad ) for about £35. Loads of D2B and Trespass stuff, and I mean loads.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does TK Maxx sell B grade goods or just end of line, unwanted items? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from Livingston with a spyder system axys jacket £99 . More outdoor rather than ski jacket but still good value IMHO
still some decent jackets size m , l and sallopettes . No gloves or decent socks though . But there are a few more shops in shopping centre for cheap base and mid layers. Little Angel
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
streaky wrote:

Combination of special make ups, end of lines, samples, brands not distributed in UK & "own" brands IIRC.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Carters in Reading has got a few bits on sale, not enough to make a trip for, but if your in the area....

I picked up a Burton AK Stagger from a season or two ago. £160 for a gortex shell seems fair to me Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
streaky wrote:

As has been said a bit of a mix, my Tribe jacket is a rather nice blue colour, not found that colour on line and it was a sample (with squares of fabric of the other coulours I have found it for sale in at about 4 times the price I paid). It says on the price ticket if it is a sample or current season (presumable bancrupt stock or over runs and the likes, got a nice Musto snug current model a couple of weeks back for £30). I guess most of the rest is last season stuff.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I noticed tonight, I am becoming addicted, that they had some Goretex Trekmate gloves, chamonix and some other resort. Leather palms. They looked ok, £25, cheapest I found them online is £40. Anybody know how rubbish they are/aren't?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm going to dewsbury and wakefield tomorrow. Are there TKMs in these towns?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Beckton TKM. Amongst the usual rubbish I saw a Mens Rossignol Tribe Jacket, White body/arms with lime green underarms (better than it sounds, honestly..). £50. This is the padded version not the shell that I have.

Nothing else worth writing about.
snow report
Nike ACG jacket in St. Helens today, £80 (RRP£199). Anybody use one, is it worth it? It seemed a bit bulky to me.
latest report
halfhand, I've had one for three years , never any problems other than being a bit too warm!! That's more to do with the lack of my ability to ski!!! Loads of pockets and relaxed fit so loads of room . The down version is more snug though Laughing
ski holidays
halfhand wrote:
Nike ACG jacket in St. Helens today, £80 (RRP£199). Anybody use one, is it worth it? It seemed a bit bulky to me.

I'm a big fan of my ACG jacket for sure. User for a couple of months last season till I switched to a lighter weight shell jacket.
snow report
Thanks guys, may invest. It certainly seemed well padded
ski holidays
I've just picked up a volkl baselayer top for £15 at the Boro TKmaxx- it said RRP £50 on the tag. I hope its good!
snow report
Bought some Reusch down mittens with leather palms for £19.99 in Newcastle (city centre) TKMaxx this week - seem v cosy but wndering if they're good quality? My OH says they make goalie gloves so not sure if their ski ones will be good! They also had lots of Surfanic & Trespass jackets.
snow conditions
Reusch do make 'keeper gloves, and good ones at that (although I preferred my Adidas ones) as well as ski gloves. Never had a pair of their ski gloves myself, but I have a pair of their glove liners which I like.
ski holidays
Had a look in the Newcastle city centre shop this morning. This shop is everything I hate about TK MAxx. Crowded, stuff on the floor etc, etc. But I came away with a nice Rossignol Jacket for £35 Very Happy . No, I didn't really need it, but at that price..........
snow conditions
Quote:

Crowded, stuff on the floor etc, etc.

When you put up with that stuff, you have to reward yourself with a nice jacket. snowHead
ski holidays
pam w, absolutely.
ski holidays
Found it on ebay
snow conditions
Ooh, that's really nice! Wish I'd had the patience to rummage through the whole rack myself! (you are right, Newcastle TK Maxx is horrid, but as it's also a handy shortcut from Monument metro to Fenwicks...)
snow report
I got 4 pairs of Merino wool ski socks in Rugby branch for £16. That is a result
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
new ski addict wrote:
Ooh, that's really nice! Wish I'd had the patience to rummage through the whole rack myself! (you are right, Newcastle TK Maxx is horrid, but as it's also a handy shortcut from Monument metro to Fenwicks...)
which is why I was in there in the first place, although I was going in the opposite direction to Waterstones.
latest report
Some green rossingol salopettes in boro tk maxx for slim ladies £22 .... (If only I was a size 8 rolling eyes )
ski holidays
Guess i'm just lucky with TK maxx

Berghaus bigwall belay jacket - £80
Patagucci - stretch element £69
Patagucci - kind of stretch element with down liner £90
Patagucci - jacket i just wear when its cold cause i've that many others £50
dianese backbrace inside midlayer (cann be worn seperately) - £29
fila italian ski team softshell £29 uber uber cool
rossi tribe jacket £45
rossi clan pants £29
rossi R9 gloves about £18
montane pertex jacket - £7.50
new balance 768's - 2 off at £23 each

girlfriends done equally well with patagucci and an amazing bestaff jacket that cost about £40 that was right at the end of that current season - about 10% of what it would have cost

plus other stuff capelen base layers, running stuff dirt cheap etc of and 3 pairs of 'for all man kind jeans' for cheaper than a single pair i've bought before. all over the last 12 months - 2 years

personally though I hate going in the shop as its like a giant jumblesale but with these prices i'm sure you understand why i keep going back plus its all brands.
ski holidays
niceguydave wrote:
Guess i'm just lucky with TK maxx

fila italian ski team softshell £29 uber uber cool

Hmmmm, if you happen to be a member of the team fair enough, but then you wouldn't need to go to TK's for it. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
TKM in Wood Green has loads of stuff. Surfanic jackets at 69.99 a pop. A couple of ACG jkts at 79.99. They also have a white uber quality ski jacket with Audi and other sponsorship on it. Can't remember the make but its 20k 20k and solidly constructed. Only problem will make you look like a German/ Austrian instructor or teamster!
snow report
They have Pucci softshell jackets in the womens section in Stockport and in Blackburn Shocked
latest report
sarah wrote:
They have Pucci softshell jackets in the womens section in Stockport and in Blackburn Shocked

they have the pucci racing salopettes in leeds.... problem is you'd look like a pzazz ice lolly!

oh and the fila jacket didn't say italian ski team - its more bjorn borg style fila jacket in softshell in the azzuri blue of italy!
snow report
Mammut, Haglofs and Helly Hansen in the Kingston branch.

I only had a quick look, but Mammut heavy fleeces, thin layering-type fleeces and a shell, Haglofs Goretex shells and Helly jackets.
snow report
Salisbury - helmets reduced to £15.00 from £75.00
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy