Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

saloman heel pieces

Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know where i can get heel pieces for saloman x-wave 8 boots online?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best bet would be contacting a shop as they'll probably have to order them in for you unless you are really lucky.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
riverwhy, try CEM. He might have some (or be able to fashion some for you) for a small fee.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I needed a replacement screw for my X-Waves, I called Salomon and they sent me a few in the mail free of charge.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
do you still have their contact details Nick - can't seem to find them...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry no. I had a quick look but couldn't find them either. I may have got them from the little 'user guide' that came with the boots.

If you don't get any address/phone details from one of the professionals before i get home, I'll dig it out and have a look.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Google is your friend:

Salomon GB
Jays Close, Viables Business Park
Basingstoke, Hampshire
RG22 4BS
England
TEL: 44.1256.479.555
FAX: 44.1256.465.562

Let us know if the details are still good.

Also found this old thread - looks like SZK is your man Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickB, Yeah, we got millions. What size boot?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi SZK.. boots are x-wave-8 - about 3 years old - do you need exact size only the boots aren't here atm. Salomon reckon it's the same size heel piece for every x-wave 8 (?)
they are 27.5 i think... can confirm tomoorow but need them by thursday..

Salomon code is 881642
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
don't know if you're reading this smallzookeeper but the boots are 27/27.5 with 315mm sole length.. Can you help?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
riverwhy, No problems, but i can't get them to for the date asked. I'm away from work until Wednesday.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Salomon GB have moved from their Basingstoke offices and are now based in Frimley along with Atomic GB. There phone number has changed.

Pop into your local ski shop and they may have some or order them for you. Do it sooner rather than later as spares are taking about a month to come through (used to be 10 days)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fridy morning post might do it but if you are based in chamonix prob not possible (?) i'm away for best part of 4 weeks from friday. I'll see if i can get them myself, if not i'll get back to you when i get back
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i've failed completely to locate these - tried ski shops all over the country - had no idea it would be so difficult - best offer was about 3 weeks from Salomon. not much of a back up service is it? Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
riverwhy, When you get into resort go to a boot shop, they can fashion you some custom made Smile

When we were in St.Anton last season tried to get replacements - left them in the shop for an hour, they custom fitted some for us as they didnt stop heels for that age of boot Shocked Boots are around 5 years old Confused

I would imagine all they did was fit a heel piece then trim/grind it to fit looking at the scuff marks around the base of the boot. Cost €20 for two pairs Smile
snow report
cheers Bones - i'll try in soldeu next week

i was thinking it was because i can't spell saloman - solomon - soloman - errr salomon wink
snow report
didn't manage to find any in soldeu - it seems the latest salomon boots have the whole heel piece in one, whereas mine you can just replace the small piece at the back. Can anyone help with that? the boots are x-wave 8 about 3-4 years old, size 27/27.5 sole length 315
latest report
riverwhy, last time a i was up at Lockwoods they had some...worth a call
ski holidays
tried Lockwoods plus lots of others - no-one has them. The boot shops in andorra were no help.

smallzookeeper - can you help?
ski holidays
ok.. i'm back again.. still with no new heel pieces - tried in the UK & in swiss & austrian shops.. Have 3 weeks before my next trip so possibly not quite enough time to order them from salomon. can anyone help?
snow report
riverwhy, Contact Angus at Footworks, via the site. He should be able to post them on to you.
ski holidays
here? www.cham3s.com ?
snow report
riverwhy,

No, here

www.footworks.fr
ski holidays
cheers Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I love my X-waves so I think I'll invest in buying the spares now rather than when i really need them (I've been lucky and had ski to hotel places most years, so very little wear and tear on the soles.) Thanks to snowHead and you guys on the site i know where to look. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy