Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Musto and TOG 24

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, I am new here but I think the forum is great. I was wondering if you could help me out.

I want to buy a ski jacket - have you heard whether TOG24 is of good quality?

Also, has any tried using a Musto jacket (usually is a sailing jacket) as a ski jacket?

Many thanks for your help! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHead

I had some TOG24 trousers for a while. They were OK but the velco on the snow skirt thing on the bottom cracked and came off.

I've only seen their stuff at the outlook store in Bicester - so I wouldn't read too much into the 'original' price.

You can use any jacket you want as long as it's waterproof, warm and preferably breathable.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SWhead, welcome to snowheads snowHead tog do various ranges from very basic to pretty good technical jackets....they also have two ranges one which you will find in idependant ski shops and another 'house brand' which is only available in their own stores

the difference between the two is names and styling , but stops retailers getting hacked off by them selling their house brand at cheaper prices
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for your help everyone!

there are so many brands and so many qualities it is so confusing! but the sticky at the top of this page is great for beginners like me!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I skied with a guy last season who was wearing a Musto jacket (he's also a yachtsman). Very nice it was too. Didn't have a powder skirt though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, I didn't know that.

Their factory (and seconds shop Cool ) is only about 20 mins from us too. What's the other name?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I also asked about Tog 24 here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=807979&highlight=poivre#807979
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Musto stuff is usually pretty good - most yachties swear by it. The only significant difference I've heard about 'yacht' gear v. 'normal' outdoor gear is that 'yacht' gear tends to NOT be Goretex based, as Goretex tends to get blocked by salt, so the 'sweat reduction' is less.... Also, yacht stuff tends to be designed to cope with large amounts of water (once heard yachting described as 'standing under a cold shower tearing up £10 notes....')..... so I'll be sailing in warm waters!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This new year I saw lots of sailing stuff on the slopes Gill, Musto and Henri Lloyd..
I think the sailing jackets would be fine most are breathable with goretex or simalar material, as said before it much more about styling cut and a few features i.e no snow skirt and sailing jackets tend to have a bright green illumious hood!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Resurrection alert!

I saw a Musto jacket hanging up on a peg at work today... With a powder skirt. It made me wonder whether Musto gear would be any good, and why I was thinking of shelling out on some new hard shell bibs when I have some pathetically underused Musto sailing gear.

Has anyone tried Musto ski gear?

I am tempted to try out my sailing trousers on the snow but suspect that they aren't quite the snowboarding 'slacker' look
Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a full set of Musto HPX, also under used, since the last Fastnet. It's Goretex Pro and 100% waterproof, way better than the vast majority of skiing kit.

I've never worn it on the slopes but I'm lending my Musto jacket to my brother when he joins me in January.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@tomj, are you sure it was a powder skirt?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wouldn't use anything other than Musto MPX/HPX when offshore yacht racing but have other stuff for skiing. Though I notice this year musto have started ski specific gear http://www.musto.com/evolution-clothing/skiing complete with powder skirts. Assuming it is as good as the sailing and countrywear they do I'd imagine it will do the job perfectly well.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The new jackets look good but one thing seems to be missing. A skidata card pocket on the left.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@GlasgowCyclops, Just stick it in any left side pocket. I tend to use my ME Changabang as my ski jacket, pass goes in the left trouser pocket or inside pocket in the jacket and never have a problem getting through the lift gates
latest report
davkt wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, Just stick it in any left side pocket. I tend to use my ME Changabang as my ski jacket, pass goes in the left trouser pocket or inside pocket in the jacket and never have a problem getting through the lift gates

I do that with my two insulated jackets.... And a lot of the time I'm having to try two or three times to get a green light. With my goretex jackets with a pocket on the left it works all the time. Also my Noronna Lofoten trousers with top left pocket.

Now, before we debate the hassle of trying two or three times and how it is not really that big deal (it isn't), but if I was a jacket designer for a large company, I would have researched the "features" a bit better.

I've done this in other markets with success.

One thing that looks good is the horizontal pit zips in the Musto. I also like the asymmetric front zipper. In my haglofs and salomon ski jacket, I like the angled zipper in the top pocket and the breathing patch.
latest report
Mosha Marc wrote:
CEM, I didn't know that.

Their factory (and seconds shop Cool ) is only about 20 mins from us too. What's the other name?

I think it might be Surfanic.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy