Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski clothing shops near to Nottingham

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Both my wife and I are looking at new jackets before we go in March. Since the Nevisport in Nottingham closed, I only know of the following shops:

Two Seasons in Nottingham - good choice but most ranges quite expensive (especially for men) and seems better for boarders
Love and Piste Nr. Loughborough - limited choice but good value
Ellis Brigham at Tamworth Snowdome - Not been for 5 years so comments welcome
Snow and Rock at Sheffield Ski Village - Very good choice but quite expensive ranges

Our budget is up to £150 - £200 each. would prefer cheaper but if the right jacket is available we will buy.

Does anyone know of any more shops in this area, especially if they are due to have a sale or seasonal discounts etc ?

When will E+B and S+R have their sales ?

TIA
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sales generally just before end of season.

Don't laugh but if your lucky you can pick up some really good branded gear at TK Maxx, all the good stuff will probably have gone by now.

There is a boundary mill store at Grantham, the main store is near where I live and they have an excellent Lowe Alpine dept, Goretex XCR stuff etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Decathlon on the outskirts of Nottingham (next door to Ikea). Good kit at good prices.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kel, Been in TK Maxx but as you say it's been picked over but I keep going in periodically due to deliveries

rob@rar, Been in Decathlon as I actually live about 3 miles from it (forgot to put it in my list) but they are predominately their own brand which isn't much cheaper than more well known brands. They look good though and when they do have sale they do knock quite a bit off their prices. This applies to the skis as well.

I'm more bothered about technical aspects but my wife likes the fashion side of things, although seems drawn to the most expensive brands (Killy etc) Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pokemon, Have you tried Blacks in Nottingham Puzzled they usually stock mid range gear and have a sale on at the moment wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pokemon, Decathlon brands are very well known, just not in the UK. If you go to France, every other person seems to have some Quechua gear (ski wear in the winter, walking/camping gear in the summer)

If you're happy to travel up to Sheffield, then Go outdoors (formally known as CCC) is a good place to look. I've not bought ski wear from them, but have got loads of walking kit at good prices.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fat Face kit is quite good

http://www.fatface.com/icat/technical

doesn't get into many of the High Street stores, but last years kit is approx half price at the Bicester Village shop.
This years jackets are within your budget.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy