Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Nomad Blackeye bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning to buy atomic nomad blackeyes (171cm).
I have 2 options:
- with Neox 310 bindings (430 € ~ 320 £) max DIN: 10
- with Neox 412 bindings (520 € ~ 390 £) max DIN: 12

I'm about 5'11 (179cm) , 180 pounds, I don't know my sole length yet (going to buy boots next week, mondo size 28.5, nordica Speedmachine 10's) Type III skier.
So I guess the recommended DIN setting is about 9 at max.
This is quiet close to the maximum DIN setting of 10 of the 310.
Is the 310 good enough? Or should I pay the extra 90€ (70 £) and get the 412?
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
e-merge, are you planning a 10m cliff huck, skiing on 'backwoods' off-piste where the slightest mistake will kill you or maybe terminal velocity your preference ?

If not then the 310s will be fine . . . but if the bulge in your sallopettes matches the above then the 412s will be the preferred choice and will slightly increase the value on eBay when you come to sell the Nomads.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
310 will be fine. Unless you wear a pack that has more than just avy shovel, probe, and water?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got the Atomic Nomad crimsons. I'm commenting on this as I had the bindings professionally set for me yesterday/ I'm 6ft 3 195 lb(95kg) so quite a bit heavier. Type 3 din setting for my weight height is 8.5 for me. Because I've described my self as an advanced intermediate rather than out and out advanced skier my bindings have been set at 8 (Type 2 is 7 Type 3 in 8.5)/ I would have preferred 412 binding as well but not an option for me. Where are you buying the skis from?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 17-01-08 14:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any hardwear differences between the two? Ti hardwear that won't corrode, tougher casings and plastics and so on? If so I'd personally get the better binding.

Overcautious, perhaps, but I'd also start at a level II DIN on any new binding and increase only if required, rather than going on what worked on the last pair of bindings.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok, so it isn't a problem to set it near the maximum DIN setting ?
I think I'll be getting the 310 then Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy