Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go for something new?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey ctskifam,

If you are not keen on Chamonix then I will add another vote for Megeve. Nice ski area and you can stay Megeve or St Gervais which is a pleasant town and easy to get to. Quite low but on this seasons snow so far no likely problems.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I don’t get much time on the slopes in as I end up working on any trips out to France – yes, poor me. Sad

I have realised that the way to ski and relax in the mountains is to go on a ski holiday! Genius...

Might be a good idea if resorts out side of France are suggested wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

The Dolomites, a short transfer from Innsbruck or if you go to Arabba or Cortina maybe 2hr from Venice. For chocolate box I'd suggest Ortisei, amazing restaurants on the slopes and in the village, amazing food and good prices. The skiing is good and the scenery is out of this world.

Peter Ross, you've become quite a convert to the South Tyrol/Dolomites experience since your trip there, keep it up!

I agree with you about the Germanic thing, they call it Gemutlichkeit, I think. Those high-altitude French Ski Stations are just so soulless, serious mountains though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
luigi, The tourist office are giving me commission! Smile

I believe there are some really nice French resorts but there are many more in Austria and its near neighbours.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bones wrote:
Quote:

I don’t get much time on the slopes in as I end up working on any trips out to France – yes, poor me. Sad

I have realised that the way to ski and relax in the mountains is to go on a ski holiday! Genius...

Might be a good idea if resorts out side of France are suggested wink

What, like Laax and Ortisei? Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If its a boys weekend surely St anton must be on the list?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ctskifam, I agree with Ordhan, if you want a change from France I'd highly recommend Austria, just been to Schladming in the Ski Amade region, only an hour's transfer from Salzburg wihch you can get to with cheap Ryanair flights. Lovely scenery and plenty of great mountain restaurants. In Schladming the Apres is not massive but there are pletny of bars and the area was great for intermediates. We tried a couple of different areas too as if you have a hire car lots of other resorts are only 20 - 30 mins drive.

Just have to make sure not to have too many Weissbiers or you can find your technique going downhill quickly Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd agree that the Dolomites gives you something utterly different. You could do a few days in Venice, then an easy drive up to the Dolomites.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
St Anton - why didn't I think of that before!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy