Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

South coast members meeting ?

Poster: A snowHead
Sunday is good - I'll get myself back to Southampton from the post wedding festivities (nb not mine!). You'll have to excuse the champagne hangover though!

Where are we meeting?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've settled on the first meeting going ahead on Saturday - 1pm at the Dolphin, Osbourne Road South, Southampton.

We could have a repeat event on Sunday to gather up those who can't make Saturday, that would cover Catriona and Danny O'Connell for certain. Do you want to name the time/place?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have to say that Sunday would be better for me I think
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
have you guys still not agreed? Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't you start here as well!!! Wink

Sunday it is then, same place - The Dolphin, Osbourne Road, St. Denys, Southampton, 1pm.

I'd post a pic of Vic & myself but WTFH would probably only take the rise more. Wink . If you can't see a likely crowd phone me on 079 6880 9291. If you want a picture of us (Vic & me) send me a PM or email me - pete@shantscamra.org.uk . There's a photo of D G Orf somewhere on this site. I'll see if I can find it.

The Dolphin's a nice pub so Vic & I will probably go there on Satuday as well just in case anyone shows then.

Are you coming along WTFH?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pete Horn, sorry, I can't make that date/time, could you re-organise it? Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Give him the next leap year date 29 February 2008
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sunday 1pm ! At last
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll have to tape 'The World This Weekend', then.

On that basis, you could call this historic meeting 'The Snowheads This Weekend'.

Catchy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Isn't the Dolphin closed for refurbishment?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skanky stir stir stir. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skanky, I heard that too, they were staying open for the South Coast Meeting, then gave up waiting...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Refurbish The Dolphin? That would ruin the pub! You must be thinking of one of the other 4 Dolphins in Southern Hampshire.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pete Horn, never stopped them before. Sad

Wear The Fox Hat, they probably went bust and it's under new management.

(I suppose I should organise the Hertfordshire Snowheads inaugre...inaugri..first meeting.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skanky, you're in herts?
I live in bucks, but close to hertfordshire.
Want to meet up tomorrow BEFORE the south coasters? snowHead
ski holidays
Much as I'd love to, I'll be doing radiator work all day. Sad
ski holidays
However, would any Herts based snowheads be up for a trip to Ally Pally to check out the snow conditions there? Could do it Sunday lunchtime before 1pm? Grab some food and booze at the Gate.
latest report
As stated some of us met up earlier today in Southampton and here is a link to prove it, the picture will be the last one on the page

Snowhead Pics
ski holidays
D G Orf, great pic, but who's who?
ski holidays
Left to right, Vic, Ian (Moosepig), Pete, DG, Catriona, Danny.
snow report
So, it actually happened!
latest report
Well done chaps! snowHead
snow conditions
Thank you! We had a very nice afternoon.... & thanks to Pete for organising.
latest report
I've put names under the picture now on my site
snow report
Did anyone go to the Southern Ski Show at Calshot?

Was it any good? Little Angel
ski holidays
I went, bought some new boots and skis but was otherwise disappointed, there were only about half a dozen skiwear stands, though there were I think 3 different stands selling sunglasses and a few goggles, snow and rock just had piles of their catalogue and I've already got mine, a Pasty stall (though what that has to do with skiing I'm not sure), A couple of ski machines that cost more than a ski holiday for two and other than those it seemed to mainly be stands promoting resorts or holiday companies
latest report
Moosepig, Vic Dennis and Danny O'Connell went. I would have gone with them, but I was lying in bed nursing a sore (snow)Head.
ski holidays
I also went, Saturday(sorry DG ORF meant to PM you and arrange a meet up for coffee, was going then wasn't then suddenly went at the last minute - apologies). Never been to a ski show before and although its obviously on the smaller end of the scale found it interesting. Exhibitors ranged from enthusiastic and charming chalet owners to well er snow and rock who frankly could'nt have appeared less interested in dialoging with potential customers and simply relied on a mountain (large one) of brochures to give out. Some ski's on sale looked genuinly good value other sellers looked very dear Demo from Southampton Dry slope instructors was fairly good with a DJ in attendance the place had a fairly buzzy atmosphere. £6.50 entrance fee meant I walked round three times and had lunch overlooking the solent just to get my moneys worth. Bought two good DVD's (odyssey 1 and 2 - Warren Smith) for 10 pounds and new goggle so left happy. I'd go again next year
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Incidentally do many Snowheads use Calshot for practice and meet ups ?
latest report
Frosty,
Quote:
I'd go again next year
except that this year may have been its last, I saved £60 on the ski boots compared to last years prices but the skis were very new, only in the country the previous week still I got a small discount even on those because I'd bought the boots, I never thought much of Calshot as a practice slope prefering Christchurch
snow report
sounds like you found some good deals, I prefer Christchurch too mostly as its has trees and no roof (!) but was curious to see if we had some snowheads at Calshot.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy