Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

South coast members meeting ?

Poster: A snowHead
I've noticed there's quite a group of members in the Southampton, Bournemouth area, anybody want to meet up sometime ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be up for that, and I'm sure a few others of us in Southampton will be as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm just up the M3, so count me in.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup I'm in the area
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds good... any suggestions for venues?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm open to suggestions on that, I gess it depends if people want to show off on a dry slope or will settle for a drink, what would you prefer ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think my Southampton crowd will settle for a drink.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think a drink would be a great idear
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What, nowhere to get a ski in and then go for a drink, apres ski style?

Oh well, if it come down to it - drink!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Drink! Feck! Girls! Oh hang on, that's another thread isn't it....

Count me in. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm up for drinking, dry skiing, etc. Count me in too... snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I suppose there's always Christchurch ski center, the slope's a bit small but there is a bar there, otherwise somebody suggest somewhere
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only went to Christchurch once, decided it was too small slope wise and didn't ski.

I vote for drinks only and a pub near a railway station so we don't have to drive. I could be really biased and recommend a few pubs near stations in Southampton.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll keep an eye on this thread.Being from Weymouth,its all a trek.
Southampton ok via train though.
Dates?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Like your style Pete Horn Smile Would suit me too!
snow conditions
Is there anything reasonable near Southampton station ?
snow conditions
The Waterloo Arms, about 12 minutes away at a fast walking pace (OK, my walking pace).

Or else, we could try The Dolphin, right next to St. Denys station (west side). Went there this lunchtime, 8 real ales on + does food. If you get bored there, The South Western Arms, the other side of St. Denys station, even more real ales, but I'm not sure if/when it does food. St. Denys is the next stop up the line from Southampton Central towards London or Portsmouth.
ski holidays
Portsmouth's Gunwharf, that's the place to be.
snow report
Hmm but a bit far from Weymouth ! likewise St Denys station is a pain for those coming by train as it usually means a wait at Southampton,I'd be willing to pick a few people up from the station as I'll be coming by car and not indulging in the Alcohol
ski holidays
OK, Southampton it is - unless someone else has a suggestion that is. Which pub shall it be then? And when?

A weekend would be easiest for me, but no problem with a weekday evening either.
snow report
Best wait until we get back from Holidays Mark Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Thanks Slowplough Madeye-Smiley Suffice to say, not this weekend, nor the following or the bit inbetween Exclamation Exclamation
latest report
Progress i see.
Best to get the ski season out the way 1st then.
I'll be up for Southampton too.Only a train ride away with no changes,1 1/2hrs ish i think.
ski holidays
How about some time on or after Friday 12th March ?
latest report
I'm in Meribel 6th - 13th March so after then. Also Danny is planning a ski trip 3rd - 10th April which I should be on as well so discount those dates.
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
I've noticed there's quite a group of members in the Southampton, Bournemouth area, anybody want to meet up sometime ?

Hi DG, I'm in and from Sunny Bournemouth but am away on business for a while but would love to meet up later in the spring with other members of the group.
ski holidays
Sherman just say when you will be back Currently there appears to be a window from the 14th March to 2nd April otherwise it will have to be after that
snow report
I can do 3 April - is this a good date for everyone? (presuming that we are wanting to have a drink or two on a Sat).

Venue - agreed with Peter that something near Southampton station is best & bow to his judgement on what is good.... I've not been to any of the pubs around there being an Ocean Village girl myself!

Any thoughts? (sorry still have my organisation work head on!)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter says 3rd April is out see above thread looks like it will either have to be before then or after the 10th of April
latest report
By the way Catriona I'm confused are you in Southampton as it says below your name or Dorset as you say in the more snow post ?
snow report
I am Southampton, but just happened to be in Dorset last night - luckily (actually unluckily as driving?) it was at the same time all the snow fell!

Ah yes - the 3rd seems to be out! Last weekend in March?
ski holidays
Ahh understanding creeps over me as I comprehend the meaning of your words Razz Oh and I was out in that stuff last night as well, quite fun in a way watching peoples reactions to the white stuff Cool suffice to say I was quite happy given that I was driving my 4X4 with heated seats, mirrors and windows what more could one need in those conditions ? Little Angel
latest report
D G Orf, skis, boots, and mountains? Laughing
ski holidays
Yeah that would be good, unfortunately there is a slight lack of mountains in the area Crying or Very sad
snow report
D G Orf, I get it. Soon, tho, eh? Wishing you the pleasant experience of enjoying the snow where you are while you have it!
snow conditions
Unfortunately most of the snow has already vanished, though there is a slight chance of some more this weekend it's pretty rare to get it here Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
Unfortunately most of the snow has already vanished, though there is a slight chance of some more this weekend it's pretty rare to get it here Crying or Very sad

Believe it or not, it's often like that in Boulder. The nice aspect is that the mountains hold it so we can drive to it. Most of the winter, however, the ground in Boulder is pretty dry...

The mountains, however... snowHead
snow report
Yeah exactly here it's pretty wet oh and windy, I'm only about half a mile from the sea front and the nearest land in the direction of the prevailing wind is the azores ! The trees along the coast roadgo up normally for the first 4 to 5 feet then go horizontally Shocked
ski holidays
So are we all going to meet up between the 14th of March and the 2nd of April or are we waiting till after the 10th April ?
latest report
Pete & Dan are now planning ski trip between 27th March & 3 April. Haven't booked yet so ???
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy