Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your top five all time favourite runs...

Poster: A snowHead
In homage to the truly wonderful film that is high fidelity, and because skiing is like music in that everyone has a different opinion (although like the film, if you have a different opintion to me you're wrong Very Happy ) lets put our collective wisdom together and come up with snowheads top 5 favourite runs of all time! Ok on your marks, and go........
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hidden Valley - Cortina
Sarenne Gorge - Alpe d'Huez
Col du Gentiane - Verbier
Tortin - Verbier
Valluga - StAnton
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1) Jerusalem - St Martin de Bellville
2) Tete Ronde - Val Thorens
3) Inversens (used to be Le Clapet) - La Plagne
4) Fontaine Froid - La Rosiere
5) Moraine - Val Thorens

Moraine is perhaps my oddest choice, but we spent many a happy time hooning down it at the EoSB. A great run for big curves.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Film was rubbish the book however is great..... Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Aiguille Rouge - Les Arcs - from the top, nice and long, plenty of options, and Mutzig at the bottom
Any pitch from the Fogliettez in Sainte Foy - preferably one I don't have to walk for more than an hour to reach Shocked
Rock Garden in Larch area, Lake Louise - just bizarre
Grand Matisse in Val d'Isere (think thats what it's called?) - not always open, but have always found it to be well worth it when it is
June Mountain - no specific run, just the whole mountain, 'cause the snow was fab and there was no-one else there

Frosty the Snowman, Can concur with Fontaine Froid - skied it for the first time in December, great bar at the bottom, then carried on down to Seez....was thoroughly enjoyable, and got a fair head of speed up...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Crozats La Plagne
Les Coqs La Plagne
Face Val d isere
Bois Crozelin Montalbert
Roclisse Montalbert
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In no particular order:

Catherine's Area - Alta
The Cirque - Winter Park
Rock n Roll - Whistler (although a lot of the fun is going to/from it as well)
Oh God - Wengen
Le Fornet (all the way from the top) - Val d'Isere
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1. Testa Grigia - Cervinia
2. Testa Grigia - Zermatt ( round the 'back' on the red)
3 Repeat 1
4. Repeat 2
5... The next one
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SnowGod wrote:
Hidden Valley - Cortina

Agreed. Fantastic frozen waterfalls. Horse drawn return at the bottom also sticks in the memory.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
See I knew there would be people out there procrastinating as much as me! Unfortunatly I have only one week under my belt in Les Arc so my list is going to be rather constrained! But I would say of the runs I did there my favourites would have to be:

1)Inversions into Les Crozats (for reasons mentioned in another thread) - La Plagne
2)Refuge (for being the black run that treated me kindly after my inflated confidence from successfully making it down Les Croazats alive!) - Les Arc
3)Ours (because it is a nice long run through the trees with some fun bumpy stuff near the bottom) - Les Arc (seeing a pattern hehe Smile )
4) La Combe - La Plagne
5)Belvedere (It was fun to ski down to Les Arcs 1800 slightly inebriated after an evening of fondue and boozing!) - Les Arcs

Hopefully my trip to Val Thorens next week will add a little diversity to this list!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laub - Engelberg
Vorab Glacier to Alp Ruschein - Laax-Flims
Rothorn to Kumme to Tuftern to Patrullarve - Zermatt
Hornli to Stafelalp to Furi - Zermatt
Aiguille Rouge to Villaroger - Les Arcs
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spanky's Ladder - Blackcomb. Taking the skis off and climbing up steps to get access. The signs that say you will end up miles from the lifts are a deterrant. Skiing it with Ski Esprit means you do not have to worry about finding your own way back.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mine have a bit of a 3V bias as I have not been anywhere else for a few years. In no particular order:

Quatre Vents (top section) (Les Menuires) Fast - quiet - usually good snow
Combe du Vallon (Meribel-Mottaret) An epic red run. I always try to do it without stopping to see if my legs hold out.
Les Suisses (Courchevel 1850) Fast sweeping black. Usually quiet.
Combe du Caron (Val Thorens) Steep, wide, fast, black, exciting cable car ride to the top, what else do you need?
La Princesse (St Gervais / Megeve) Nice black run through trees. Fantastic small restaurant at the bottom with mega views.

Honourable mentions:
Vallee Blanche (Chamonix) but it is not officially a "run"!
Red piste at Le Tour (Chamonix) that goes down towards Vallorcine through the trees
Black from the top of cable car at Le Brevent (Chamonix)
Kandahar (Les Houches)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1. Testa Grigia - Furgg (zermatt)
2. Klein Matterhorn - Cervinia (Zermatt. Off the top of the glacier. then right down piste 7.0)
3. Unpisted Itinerary from top of Zurs - Lech (St Anton)
4. Tete Ronde (Val Thorens)
5. Cime Bianchi - Trockener Stegg (Zermatt)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The best for me has to be somewhere in 7th Heaven on Blackcomb (not sure exactly which run it was because I was having to much fun to look at the signs). Anyway, it was about five minutes after the 7th Heaven Express had opened, having been closed for two days due to heavy snow... Madeye-Smiley Thigh deep it was!

Trenmold wrote:
Combe du Vallon (Meribel-Mottaret) An epic red run. I always try to do it without stopping to see if my legs hold out.
Definitely my favourite run out of Meribel.
ski holidays
I haven't been to many places, so I need to be fair but...these are my 5 so far

Suisses (Courchevel 1850) really nice black
Combe de Vallon (Meribel) lovely long red
Grattalu (Tignes) - carvers paradise blue run in Tignes
Chapelets (Courchevel 1650) lovely red, can be a bit icy, stunning scenery
Biollay (Courchevel 1850) blue run, fast and carving, but only when it isn't busy and lovely lovely rollers for getting air at the bottom!

As you can see, I've done most of my skiing in 3V. None of the runs in Val d'Isere made it to my list, nor any in Kaprun, Zell am Zee, or Saalbach/Hinterglemm did either.
latest report
Trenmold, Tell me more about

Vallee Blanche (Chamonix) but it is not officially a "run"!
Red piste at Le Tour (Chamonix) that goes down towards Vallorcine through the trees
Black from the top of cable car at Le Brevent (Chamonix)
Kandahar (Les Houches)

As I will be visiting there Feb 5th onwards
snow report
Hi Renry,

There are many people on here who know Chamonix better than me (notably SMALLZOOKEEPER!).

Vallee Blanche is a famous off piste run accessible from the top of the Aiguille du Midi cable car - you need a guide but it is generally OK for intermediate skiers - do a search on snowheads or google it for more info. It takes several hours to do it and is an unforgettable experience if the weather is good.

Le Tour and Brevent are two of the distinct ski areas. I like the red run down towards Vallorcine because it winds down through the trees. I have not been for a few years but I think now there is a lift back up from Vallorcine - this did not used to be the case. The restaurant in the station at Vallorcine comes well recommended! The black at Brevent speaks for itself. Check out the piste map and you will see the one I mean which loops down from a little peak with a cable car going up to it.

Les Houches is a smaller area lower down the Chamonix valley. There are some nice runs down through the trees of which Kandahar is one - I think this is used as the World Cup downhill when they have it in Chamonix.

The scenery and atmosphere in Chamonix is second to none - I hope you enjoy it!
snow conditions
Envers du Plan...but you must finish it off with the FO couloirs
Steinberg Glacier....any line you choose
Jolanda1 ..La Trinite, when it is icy 1st thing
Mont Gele...just after new snow.... doesn't matter if you get there and there has been 4 lifts up prior to you
Chateux Dames..Cervinia

I've picked these because I was lucky to get them in great nick, except Jolanda1 which is a fast black ice run every morning and it sure warms you up..!!!
latest report
From someone who likes big reds....

Another vote for Combe de Vallon at top of Meribel valley

and Jerusalem, St Martin de Belleville in 3V

The Lauberhorn in Wengen for Ski Sunday and the Eiger North Face views,

Fred onto Mephistophiles in Flaine - one of the great views of Mont Blanc from the top and a fabulous chair up to it.

Aiguille Percee in Tignes

Happy memories!
snow report
1. OK, Val D'Isere if early in am with not too many people, real sense of sweeping and travelling and a lovely bend by the top of the eggs
2. Variante Charles Bozon, Chamonix (the Brevent black in Chamonix mentioned earlier)
3. Genepy, Tignes (great motorway blue with some lovely sweeps)
4. Miguel, Soldeu (lovely steep red billiard table smooth)
5. Arcelle, Val D'Isere (down to bottom of Manchet express) in good snow conditions like a GS course
snow report
kewhoward wrote:

and Jerusalem, St Martin de Belleville in 3V

Do you sing it as you ski it?
snow report
bertie bassett, I dont know "St Martin de Bellville" what is the tune!!!!
ski holidays
Roy Hockley wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Roy Hockley wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Too busy grinning all the way down to sing!
ski holidays
wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 17-01-08 17:23; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Ok using very complicated statistical analysis, that took hours and hours to calculate (1st place 10pts, 2nd 6pts,3rd - 4pts,4th 2pts, 5th 1pt) I have calculated Snowheads current "top five favourite runs of all time" (I may have got a little bored while working today!) So after a drum roll style unvailing.......

1st) Combe du Vallon - 3v
2nd)Les Crozats - la Plagne
3rd) Hidden Valley - somewhere hidden
4th)Jerusalem - 3v
5th) Testa Grigia - Zermatt

So what do you think, did your favourite it anywhere near the top 5? If not speak out, otherwise your voice will not be heard hehe Smile. You will be glad to know that snowHead 's currently agree with the daily mail (wtss) that Combe du vallon is the worlds best run!

So on that bombshell, i leave you to "debate" it some more!
latest report
mrBishi, I'd be tempted to say that each person should only have been allowed to vote for 1 run in each ski area, that way giving a better comparison.
Of all the runs listed in your top 5, I've only done the first one!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another vote for the Hidden Valley here,

2) Le Canyon, Avoriaz
3) Christine, ValT (I prefer this to Tete Ronde but only just)
4) Sasslungo 1, Selva (The Val Gardena downhill course)
5) Don't know the name but the run at Arinsal under the two man chair to the top of the village although I doubt it has enough snow on it these days.
snow conditions
Hehe, yes but as I mentioned Wear The Fox Hat, i've only been skiing once so coming up with runs outside the paradiski ski area would have been a bit of a challenge for me! Also from the massive variation of runs and countries that we've had so far it seems that the depth of experience on snowheads means that hopefully the list won't get too much bias from one area!
snow report
mrBishi wrote:
You will be glad to know that snowHead 's currently agree with the daily mail (wtss) that Combe du vallon is the worlds best run!

So on that bombshell, i leave you to "debate" it some more!

Booger - I've never agreed with the Daily Mail in my life
snow report
Vallee Blanche - Chamonix
Aiguille Rouge to Villaroger - Les Arcs
Stairway to Heaven - Verbier
Eagle Gully - Gressony/Alagna
Triftji - Zermatt (when my knees were less crook than they are now), and an honourable mention to Hornli - Staffelalp - Furi but I can't remember its name
snow report
Yet another vote for the Hidden Valley (From Lagazuoi to Corvara) for my top run.

2. The red number 1 run from the link between Kaltenbach and Hochfugen down to the bottom of Hochfugen.

3. Run number 3 at Schladming all the way from top to bottom.

4. Juniper at Lake Louise.

5. Run 10 at Zell am Ziller.

None of mine are particularly difficult runs, but that is down to the level of skier I am at present.
ski holidays
Point de Vue - Argentiere (best views from an official run?)
Birds of Prey - Beaver Creek (pretend you are Bode - and fly the jumps)
Creux - Courchevel - (full length, one of the best cruisy reds - especially when you have come up from Mottaret first thing and get it all to yourself)
Highline - Vail (bumps the size of elephants - always - and a slow chair to keep the tourists away)
Flypaper - Glencoe (short and sharp!)
snow conditions
In no particular order.
Creux - Courchevel. Freshly Pisted and empty, have a go at racing the cable car down.
Mont Vallon - Meribel
Fernie - Anywhere. The pistes aren't really marked.
Jerusalem - 3V Just great for a hoon.
Aguille Rouge to Villaroger. Mutzig at La Ferme.

Not a Piste, but the Vallee Blanche can't be left out either, but not the 'Tourist Route'
ski holidays
In no particular order

in france
marmotte
crete

in austria

in usa
anything with super in the name
ski holidays
Hehe the whole point is they are your top 5, there has to be an order, fences are for houses, come on be cruel to the runs you love, pick your favourite child, i mean run Very Happy
latest report
hobbiteater, in France the names marmotte and crete cover several dozen runs - be more specific Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Yeah, I don't think I have a particular order for my favourite ones, but:

1. Verte - Val d'Isere - nice and long, goes through trees, real mixture of stuff and really helped me learn. Would love to ski it on a bluesky day.

2. The run which goes from the central station, to the carpark at the bottom, in HochFugen HochZillertal. It starts off as a black and then at the middle station it changes to a red. Man it's long! And again, it goes through trees. My legs gave way Cool

3. I think I'd also have to go for Tete Ronde also, in VT.

Hmmm actually, I can't remember anymore. Mind you, I think had the snow been nicer in places last year, I might have taken some more attention / the runs may have been better.

Mayrhofen might have been on my list, but only spent one day there so yeah, not enough time to take things in.
ski holidays
sproggski, rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy