Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

8 new guidebooks cover famous resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A new set of 8 guidebooks - Chamonix, Verbier, Courchevel, Méribel, Les Arcs; La Plagne, Val d’Isère and Zermatt - have been published by Snowmole.

£4.99 each, they cover "information on every aspect of a ski holiday – travel and accommodation, hotels, rental, ski schools, comprehensive ski area coverage, restaurants, cafés, bars and nightclubs."

The maps are specially produced: "Each ski area is divided into manageable sections to show all pistes, lifts and mountain restaurants, complemented by a table of useful information on access, the best off-piste and moguls, and where the worst queues are."

There's more information about these guides on the Natives.co.uk site, which also sells them from their online store. Any comments from purchasers welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, You usually have to pay to be included in these books, so they're not always truly comprehensive.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just received the Les Arcs book,which actually covers the whole Paradiski area.Now,as I'm yet to go to either,its a bit difficult to tell how comprehensive it is wink But it looks pretty good wink Les Arcs/La Plagne split into 'chunks'(1600,1800,Vallandry etc)with their own piste map and area info.Some of the info is interesting?Lots of info on good,bad & indifferent piste runs.Nice touch,marks flat areas(nightmare for boarders & kids)Points out interesting runs,and slow chairs!!Seems to give good info on quickest routes around areas.Comprehensive rundown on eateries(our Squirrel gets a nice review snowHead )Less complementary about some Sad Nice one about a bar,with a toilet 'clearly designed for a hobbit'!!Loads of tips,tel no's,addresses etc.135 pages + maps.And all the maps have a nice little info table giving name of chair,time on chair,pistes accessed by it and average queue time;looks useful?Not a single advert in it Shocked All in all,for £6.99(Natives)seems a good buy.Prob save that by following some of the restaurant tips Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone know if there's a guide of this sort for Kitzbuhel? I guess that it's not big enough to justify one, but you never know.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 24-11-04 14:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What are the off-piste descriptions like? How many routes do they describe ? Would it be possible to follow them? Are there photos or scale maps to show them?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 24-11-04 13:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just got one for La Plagne. Wasnt that impressed, lots of space devoted to how to get there and other incidentals. Some reasonable small scale maps, but the pistes are not named, but the lifts are. Seemed a lot of money for what you get. Still didnt stop me buying it though
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
£5 for the books seems good

£6! for p&p is a bit excessive!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fragglerock wrote:
£5 for the books seems good

£6! for p&p is a bit excessive!

Puzzled Where did you see that Puzzled On the natives site the guides in question,snowmole,are priced at £4.99 + £2 p&p =£6.99.And that is the same price as given on the rear of the book.

snowball-the guide describes Les Arc as off piste heaven snowHead No idea if thats true(yet)but gives lots of incidental info on good areas and possible routes,though not mapped as such(perhaps PG could comment on this?)

As said above,it looks a nice little guide.Would be nice if someone who knows the areas well,could comment on their usefulness.Let you know after Easter;two weeks at PG's place,oh yes snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If i put 2x books in my trolly it offers me 2nd class delivery for £6 which seems exessive. Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fragglerock wrote:
If i put 2x books in my trolly it offers me 2nd class delivery for £6 which seems exessive. Puzzled

I agree,it is.Very odd Puzzled No complaint at £2 ea,as that brings it to the same as book price anyway.I see two possible options.Phone Natives,pretty sure that would sort it,they seem very nice people Blush Or order them separately?Seems a bit daft,but it would work wink

PS.Having read a bit more of the Les Arcs guide,I think this pair are serious 'bar crawlers'.Plenty of concise info on virtually every bar,pub,club whatever on the mountain!!Given that its accurate,you could plan your meals,and sessions,long before you get there.Just as important,they point out the few places to avoid,for one reason or another!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had a look at the La Plagne guide yesterday (in the M25 S&R). The off-piste descriptions are very scanty, just mentioning a couple of the runs with no proper descriptions. About time there was a Vamos Guide for Les Arcs / La Plagne.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
even £4 p&p seems a lot for 2nd class delivery of two pockatable books. Unfortunately I cannot find any other online bookshop with them in stock at the mo.

I tried to e-mail them at shop@natives.co.uk but it bounced :/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy