Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern, anyone been? or any other recommendations welcome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

A bit of a novice at all this, but been a member for over a year and regularly read posts, gaining lots of insights into all matters snowy!

Me and my hubby are planning a trip on the 2/2/08 for a weeks intermediate skiing. We love Austria but getting a bit wise into the low altitude resorts with no snow or green villages, which are lovely but we want the white stuff all round. As we can book last minute I have been looking at just about everywhere but getting nowhere help!!!

Like the look of Obertauern but happy to be led in a different direction. Would ideally like to walk to slopes from accomodation add a few bars, (we are easily pleased).

Quite a few of the Austrian resorts are expecting downpours in villages this week and lets face it we can stay here for that!

Thanks in advance Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs G and me are heading there on the 2nd
Been there a few times and really like the skiing
Its not over taxing but there are a couple of demanding blacks and off pieste if thats what you are looking for
Most of the hotels you can ski to and from the doors or very near anyway
Plenty of mountain huts and bars
Even early last Feb when snow was at a premium we only found one run that was not open

On the negative side the runs between lefts are not that long compared to some resorts and its not as pretty as some Austrian resorts

If you do a search on snowHead there is a fair bit of info
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Garfield, I've looked at the snow forcasts and they seem to be avoiding the rain, as higher up.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been snowing there today 17/1/08

http://www.huettenzauberer.info/index.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy