Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alternatives to cervinia???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was looking to go back there feb 16/17, now everyone in the group has sorted out with work etc I cant find anything under 700 quid! for a week, was some 500 deals last week, but seems they are all gone! dam it.

Looking for something simular? late 20s early 30s group all skiied between 5 - 8 weeks, really want good food in the evening, variety of food on the slopes, small warm bars. not 2 in the morning stuff, just a few drinks.

would prefer italy?

suggestions please Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fil, Arabba in the Sella Ronda? Skiing would suit you guys well and should satisfy you gastronomic requirements. May not be any cheaper though, and is a little lower, though you'd be unlucky for that to matter in mid feb, especially as the Dolomites got a huge dump last w/end with more to come tomorrow.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fil, I really liked Courmayeur. The village has a nice atmosphere with a good range of bars, and I remember having the best Calzone in my life somewhere on the mountain. There is a good variety of slopes for varying abilities, but maybe not as vast an area as Cervinia/Zermatt or Sella Ronda. I remember it being cheaper than Cervinia tho.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fil, Courmayeur, Monterosa, Cortina all spring to mind...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gressoney La Trinite is worth a look. I can recommend Hotel Residence Valverde, good food, very friendly & aboout 20m from the lift, ski back to the door. However, it is VERY quiet, only a few local bars. I loved it, but there is only 4 or 5 bars there, a couple of ski shops & that's about it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fil,

Passo Tonale is always good on price, as is Livigno. But have good snow currently.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssnowman, said
Quote:
Gressoney La Trinite is worth a look
woo-hoo: I'm off there in 8 days time, for a 5 day looooong weekend, staying at the Hotel Lysjoch just outside Gr.laTr. (about 50m from the lift apparently). Looks like they've had >60cm of snow in the past few days, with more to come before the high-pressure sets in next week Madeye-Smiley - will post a TR later...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Packages to Cervinia are over priced by UK TO's at the best of times cos the resort is popular with the Brits...BUT, if you wanna go to Cervinia then go there independently rather than with a rop-off TO. I did it and saved a fortune. Cheap flights to Turin (could do Milan as well), hired a mini bus, drove to resort, stayed in Hotel Le Perroquet (or something like that), an excellent B&B on the main drag close to the cretaz lifts... reckon i saved about £250 per person, at least, and it was far less hassle than travelling with a TO. In fact, I haven't traveled with a TO since and probably never will do again. Thier profit is far better paying my bar bill than in their pocket!!!

I appreciate that independent travel may not be for everyone, particularly if u have young kids or aren't accustomed to driving abroad, but if you are prepared to take a little extra time organising rather than just picking from a brochure, there are plenty of cheap breaks to be had. The other benefit is that u can often pick the amount of time u spend there to suit yourself, rather than doing sat to sat or sun to sun... some accoms only do the full week but many will do shorter stays, particularly B&B's, or even longer stays eg Friday night to Sunday night to get 9 days skiing from 5 days holiday from work!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
what about flims laax over the border in switz - good place - would tick all your boxes ...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowgod, flights not an issue, ryanair 160, can hire a car, but hotels in cervinia were the issue? coulnt find any with available rooms 4 people, got a link / email for Hotel Le Perroquet ?

doogo, going switerland for a day or 2 in feb allready, poss laax, so may go back very last min, if i cant do italy.

to all the other, checking out places, hope o come up with something!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy