Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1350 vs La Plagne 1850

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm back! I've decided to start a new thread and ask about my new targets. Embarassed The other thread about La Ros went a bit over my head anyway. wink

Is Courchevel 1350 a good idea for a resort in March? (9th). We are looking at booking with Esprit and all looks good - there is childcare to include OR exclude skiing for the 4 year olds (in case they don't like it), changeover is on a Sunday, the chalet is ours alone and we are right in the centre so the children don't have to walk far. It's not entirely clear to me whether it is okay for beginners though - is it easy to get to green runs/blue runs? Do we risk not having snow???

The other idea is La Plagne 1800 with Crystal but it's not exactly in the center of town so some walking required. Other than that everything is great except the Crystal Whizz Kids club is full ( Mad ) which means our 4 year olds could go into the Oxygene ski school for 3-4 year olds that runs from 10 - 12.30 but IF they don't like it or it doesn't work out then we have no fall back and risk not being able to ski at all!!!!

I understand from everyone on here that La Plagne is such a big area, is there nowhere that is recommended as a kind of snow kindergarten that runs a bit longer in the day? I found a thread on childcare in La Plagne but it focused more around ski schools....

Thanks again!

Mirjam

PS La Rosiere is not OUT but it's on a lower plan now due to no childcare either...
PPS I tried to PM ChrisB who went to Courchevel with Esprit in January but no matter what I do the message stays stuck in my outbox. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mirjam, Stuck in your outbox means he hasnt read it! When he has it goes into the sent box Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh I see. Well he has received at least two copies then thanks to my fervent efforts to try to 'get it to send'. Embarassed

Mirjam
snow report
 brian
brian
Hmmm, don't know exactly where you mean, Courchevel has:

1850 - posh, expensive, very well situated, great skiing, great beginners area
1650 - less posh, less expensive, slightly out on a limb but great skiing and fab for beginners/post beginners
1550 - quieter, less expensive, one lift below 1850
1300 (aka Le Praz) - older village, quiet, tough runs through trees to ski back to it
La Tania (not really Courchevel, but is at 1350) - nice runs through trees, good family place

In w/c March the snow will be fine. Although LT and Le Praz are not especially high, they both have tree lined, predominantly north facing runs that hold snow well. In general, the skiing in the Courchevel valley is excellent.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh good that sounds fab, I think being at 1300 or Praz won't be an issue then. We are post beginners (to use your phrase), so if we can't/don't want to ski back down to Le Praz, we could take a lift down? I understand the links to 1850 are good....

Mirjam
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mirjam, yes, you can catch the gondola straight up to or down from 1850.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool - that sounds great! I understand the children's ski school/kindergarten starts there too so it looks like we will just have to commute to 1850 but live in 1300! Should be fine. Happy

Mirjam
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy