Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel Lessons - group or private

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doing a bit research before going away in March, I've found 3 recommended schools in Meribel: New Generation, Magic and Parallel Lines.

According to the New Gen level guide I would say that I would be level 5:
I can ski most red runs when the conditions are good. I like going fairly fast, but struggle when it gets bumpy, steeper, icy, or the snow gets deep

In terms of cost you can get 5 days x 2 hrs for €180
or private lessons are €155 for 2 hrs for 1 or 2 skiers.

So, if I can rope someone else in we'll be able to get 2 x 2 hrs of private lessons for a bit less than the cost of 5 x 2 hrs in the group.

By the way, all these schools have 7 or 8 max per group.

So, given the choice of 2 private lessons or 5 group ones what do you think would be most beneficial?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zebedeeMeribel New Gen Instructors Dave Mayer and Euan Wright both come with the highest of SnowHead recommendations.

I think the ski school provides better value looking at those figures BUT you are at a level where you would probably benefit more from some intensive 1-1.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My wife did the Clinics over Christmas with Dave (he also taught my 5 year old!), she started in the L4 clinic and moved up the L5. The clinics only run for 2 afternoons rather than 5 but the groups are smaller (I think). Anyway I highly recommend these following her sessions as she improved immensely in this time. Main problem I have found though is that the private lessons get booked up pretty quick especially at peak weeks or run at odd times (ie over lunch) so perhaps the clinics are a better all round deal.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
prthomas, I hadn't thought about the clinics but I'll look into it. It's good to know that your wife found it useful.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy