Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milan to Corvara - anyone done this?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think we may have made a bit of a mistake here. Missed the cheap Ryanair flights to Venice and they have pulled the Verona flights. In a panic we booked Milan Linate, but are now faced with a hugely expensive taxibus transfer to Corvara for 16 of us. Google mapped the directions and it quotes 3 hours 43 minutes for the transfer. A friend reckons it will take us about 6 hours! I am not surprised as it took us about 4 hours from Verona to Selva last year. I am clutching at straws here hoping someone will tell me its not that bad.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looking at the map, and comparing it to how long it takes from milan to claviere, i'd say you're looking at over 4 hours, maybe 5. all depends on traffic and weather though.

You could always look into hiring a couple of Vitos. that's what we do for 7 or 8 of us.

http://www.autoeurope.com/

good luck
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, Thanks, but we have already paid a 500 euro deposit on the taxibus.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ViaMichelin says about 4 hours.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, we drove from bergamo last year to arabba and back to linate. This year we drove from Malpensa to Arrabba. Went autoroute most of the way, then through Val gardena, Corvara, Campolonga and down into Arrabba. If road conditions are good its a quich journey - we did it quicker than the european mapping suggested. Hired car, plus chains plus ski rack at the airport.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
By no means a disaster.

ViaMichelin says 3h51min, it doesn't look hardly any further than Selva to Venice, that took us under 3 hrs, autostrada (motorway) nearly all the way. You may hit some traffic around Milan depending on timings (same at Venice). You will have to do the Gardena Pass as well, they're pretty quick at opening it after a snowfall, just first thing in the morning after overnight snow takes a while to clear.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you Dave Horsley, and luigi. Hopefully not as bad as I feared then. Flying from the dreaded Heathrow though at some awful time, so hopefully may snooze through the long transfer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy