Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Trains - ticket buying

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am returning home for a stag weekend on Thursday, flying from Grenoble. I had assumed (silly me) that I would be able to get an "Altibus" from here to there, but unfortunately they go to Geneva and Chambery, but not Grenoble, so it looks like I'm going to have to get the train from Moutiers.

Now, I found a website in English that would let me buy tickets, but only a week or more in advance. Does France operate a system where I can buy online and turn up at the station, put my credit card in a machine, and be given my "purchased online" tickets automatically? Is that available here, and any ideas which website is best to use?

Also, any idea how far Grenoble Airport is from Grenoble station, and what transfer options are available?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a bus from the station to the airport - bus station is right next door to the SNCF. Don't know how long it takes.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Bus from Grenoble to Grenoble airport takes 45 mins:

http://www.transisere.fr/horaires_ligne/index.asp?rub_code=6&lign_id=579
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnnyboy, the navette from Grenoble to the airport takes about 40 minutes. To book tickets I use www.sncf.fr but ticket purchase at any station is quick and easy, remember to validate your ticket before you board the train. The website will give timetable details but from memory there aren't that many trains through Moutiers each day.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, You are spot on, either I get there very early, or I'm cutting it really fine. Does the navette run really regularly, or, if I had to take a taxi, any idea on the cost? A train arrives just over an hour before check in closes, which, in an ideal world sounds perfect, but a not too expensive taxi may cut out a lot of stress! The alternative is a really early train (maybe too early to get down the mountain!) and nearly 5 hours to kill in Grenoble and the airport.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnnyboy, I think you'd be cutting it too fine to leave an hour from train arrival to flight departure, the last time I took a cab from Grenoble to the airport I think it cost about 100Euros, the airport is actually closer to Chambery than Grenoble. The Navette does run regularly but not frequently, I believe it's timed to coincide with flight arrivals and there aren't that many flights per day into Grenoble. i'd take the early train to be safe.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Taxi from Grenoble station to airport cost 80 euros just before christmas. Don'tknow about regularity but the last one out was early evening 18.30 or thereabouts I think.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy