Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hi, I'm new

Poster: A snowHead
I'm suzanne and live up in Perth with my family.

I used to be a keen skier until i had my children so haven't skied for about 5 years now. Prior to having the kids I went on a few ski trips with my hubby. Hubby has been on quite a few more in his teen years. Hubby is a very good skier (or used to be) and thinks nothing of reds and blacks, me on the other hand is a nervous nellie and I'm happier pottering along a nice gentle meandering green (with a stop off for a beer or hot chocolate on the way) needless to say hubby and I don't ski together too often, although he will coach me down a more difficult run and he will accompany me on one of my ambles occasionally.

Anyway kids are now 6 and 4 and we are getting urges to go skiing again. Luckily we live only an hour from glenshee, but without childcare it tends to be a trip up for a bit of sledging and snow fun rather than for skiing. Plus 5 years has seen us outgrow our salopettes Embarassed

Anyway this looks like a fun place and I'm sure i'll enjoy it on here
snow conditions
 brian
brian
charlichops, welcome to snowHead s.

6 and 4 sound like good ages to at least get started, especially when it's on your doorstep. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
charlichops, Welcome snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
charlichops, welcome! I once sent a parcel to Perth by DHL (with the correct Scottish postcode) and it ended up in Perth, Western Australia.

I started skiing at 6, and taught on Cairngorm at the age of 21. Cairngorm is not the best mountain for beginners, but The Lecht might be worth a shot, though it's further for you than Glenshee. I like the look of the set-up there, with lots of gentle slopes.

Anyway, I hope your kids love it as much as I did!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ooh, charlichops, yes, 6 and 4 is definitely old enough to get them started on the skis. And they look so cute at that age in all the gear. I think you should get some family trips to the slopes as soon as you can. Welcome to the site! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
charlichops, welcome to snowHead s

6 and 4 is a great age to start them off skiing. The only problem is that if you start them the young, they won't be very old before they can ski better than their parents (personal experience Embarassed )
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How many weeks skiing before a fit 6 year old can ski a red run. I have dreams of skiing as a family.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ringingmaster, Put the child into ski school and ask the instructor at the end of the week. All day in ski school will be best, which will be short term pain for long term gain!

Nick L, mine as well Embarassed The 11 year old was leading the way down blacks at Christmas Confused and then you get, "why have we stopped?" "Why do you need a rest?" Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin wrote:

Nick L, mine as well Embarassed The 11 year old was leading the way down blacks at Christmas Confused and then you get, "why have we stopped?" "Why do you need a rest?" Toofy Grin

Think yourself lucky to have had so much respite, my 7 yr old started on that tack last year!! Laughing

Must be getting old Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for the welcome everyone

Have just ordered some snow clothes for the kids, so hopefully we can get up to glenshee a few times this season and maybe get on a proper ski holiday next year.

Is it worth hiring skis and boots for the kids and just towing them round and getting them used to having them on their feet do you think
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
welcome fellow snow junkie!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
charlichops, welcome! Hope you get some slope time in soon - if you can get abroad then choose carefully as not all package places will help the four-year-old to ski (though you will usually find somewhere in-resort). Five and over has not been a problem (my youngest is now six Wink)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
charlichops, belated welcome!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="charlichops]Hi I'm new[/quote]

Hi I'm old. Welcome to the asylum. We usually hang up our own straitjackets on the hooks over there.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
charlichops, Mine started at 3 and 5, but the 3 year old really only got going in the second year when he was 4 - your's should be fine.
ski holidays
I haven't got any kids so I can't advise you, but I just thought I'd welcome you and ask your opinion on personal tuning??....is this a good thing or not?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dazman wrote:
I haven't got any kids so I can't advise you, but I just thought I'd welcome you and ask your opinion on personal tuning??....is this a good thing or not?

errr i'm confused
snow conditions
Sorry, it was joke.

Personal tuning is a reoccurring topic in here.
snow report
dazman, it has to be, it's not as if we're the sharpest edges in the ski bag wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy