Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 1850 - any tips, advice or warnings?

Poster: A snowHead
bertie bassett, It is not car free, but there is no through road.
snow report
 brian
brian
bertie bassett, you turn off at Moutiers for the 3Vs, Aime for La Plagne, Bourg for Les Arcs and past Bourg for La Ros, Tignes and Val d'Isere.

Drive time to Meribel or La Tania would be a good 45 mins to an hour quicker than Val or Tignes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

Is it the road to no-where then? Laughing wink

Mirjam try these guys in La Rosiere, their operation in Montalbert La Plagne is excellent
http://www.mountainheaven.co.uk/catered_chalets/larosierelr.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks everyone, I've got to go out now which may clear my head as I'm a bit dizzy with all this info! It sounds great! The La Rosiere option is still a good one but I've just found out there is only one place left in the Spritelets class we wanted to book for the afternoons for the children. Sad I despair!

It's down to Courchevel then and maybe La Tania, or possibly still La Plagne because I see their Oxygene ski school does a class for 3-4 year olds, I'm just terrified it wouldn't work out (tears, kids don't like it) and then I'd not be able to ski because I'd have nothing to fall back on for the children...

Thanks again for all your views!

Mirjam
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mirjam, La Plagne is the most popular resort in France in terms of visitor numbers, La Rosiere is still comparatively small, visitor numbers are limited by the capacity of the road, long story but as it's a Route Nationale it's maintained by the Govt who've put a limit of 10,000 visitors per week so they don't have to upgrade the road at huge expense. FTS is absolutely right, the 3 biggest resorts in France are in our valley, Val d'Isere, Tignes and Les Arcs, each of which has over 30,000 visitors per week, so Saturday transfer days are a nightmare, they can charge more for accomodation, lift passes etc and as most transfers are on Saturdays the route through Bourg St Maurice is a nightmare. We have our transfers on Sunday and as a small operator we don't have to hang around the airport waiting for a dozen different flights to land, most of our guests travel together, so as soon as they've landed and collected their baggage we can be on our way.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David@traxvax,
Sunday transfers are increasingly popular aren't they,
I see my friends who have an excellent operation in Montalbert La Plagne are also doing Sunday arrivals in their superb brand new chalet in La Rosiere
Very Happy http://www.mountainheaven.co.uk/catered_chalets/larosierelr.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, ooooh SPAM Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
 brian
brian
boredsurfin, and David@traxvax, welcome you to La Ros !!

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, Sorry I couldnt resist advertising the latest aquisition at the quality end of La Rosiere Laughing

Nowt wrong with a bit of competition, eh lad! Toofy Grin

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 15-01-08 16:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, Brilliant Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, you've obviously seen my lift pass.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That'll be me on the left wink Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The length of La Rosiere runs is remarkable. I wonder how many pages this one is going to run to.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Actually David, it is not a bad likeness wink
latest report
Thank you.

Michelangelo took particular trouble in replicating my crown jewels.
David@traxvax offered to model, but was rejected.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 15-01-08 17:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cold day, one presumes Confused
snow conditions
brian wrote:
bertie bassett, you turn off at Moutiers for the 3Vs, Aime for La Plagne, Bourg for Les Arcs and past Bourg for La Ros, Tignes and Val d'Isere.

well we obviously went the wrong way as i deffo remember shopping in the super U outside BSM before 'popping up the hill' to go to Courch 1650. I'll be gettiny my road map out soon to double check...

bb
ski holidays
bertie bassett, are you getting B St M and Moutiers mixed up?
snow report
bertie bassett, If you went via BSM, no wonder you had a lengthy transfer....
ski holidays
 brian
brian
bertie bassett, sack your navigator wink

ski holidays
Mirjam wrote:

snowball, the train journey itself sounds very suitable for children but all the bits at the start (getting to St Pancras is a 2.5 hour journey from where I live!!!) and the end would undo any benefits, I think.....

Mirjam
Ah yes. For me St Pancras is 10minutes Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is in summer.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith wrote:
Thank you.

Michelangelo took particular trouble in replicating my crown jewels.
David@traxvax offered to model, but was rejected.

Ah, young David, you must be the person they are sending those emails to I keep getting by mistake, saying "Oh my goodness, your p*nis is below average size"
ski holidays
Sunday transfers mean missing a day of ski school, which is why I go for Saturdays (plus you get a day to recover before having to go back to work)
snow report
snowball wrote:
There is in summer.
La Rosiere is great, but even I would not recommend the summer skiing for a family snowHead
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, But you could stay in La Ros and enjoy the Alpine summer and pop over to Tignes or Val d' Isere for the Summer Skiing on their Glaciers Very Happy
latest report
boredsurfin, nah, I have a mate who has a place in Montalbert. We would just doss there. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Too right, I know him as well, great guy, superb location as well only 10 mins from the main road up and down the Tarentaise. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy