Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Northwest Airlines - upgrade to 1st class?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Holiday in Big Mountain then Fernie begins next Wednesday. snowHead It all begins with flights out to Kalispell (MT) via Minneapolis and Seattle with Northwest 18 hours zzzz... Sad I'm flying solo (meeting mates out there) so in a desperate attempt to help alleviate the boredom I'm thinking about asking for a cheeky upgrade to the pointy end when I check in at Gatwick. Has anyone ever been successful with a similar request with Northwest or any other airline to the US? Any tips? wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Any tips?

Dress smartly and expensively. Check in late-ish. Carry little or no hand baggage (a rolled copy of the Daily Telegraph would be about right). You won't get upgraded if you are wearing the sort of thing I wear getting on a plane for a ski trip.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it's an urban legend that you have to dress smartly to be considered for an operational upgrade. I've been upgraded a few times, once for no reason that I could tell when I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Whenever I travel in the premium cabins the dress standard is pretty relaxed. I don't think asking helps, politely or otherwise. Travelling alone helps because if they are looking to find one extra seat in the cabin you have paid for it is easier to upgrade one person than split a party. Op ups tend to get offered first to passengers with premium frequent flyer cards. There's a good guide to getting upgrades (for Virgin, but I think generally applicable) here.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had it once on a work business class ticket to the states. They just shuffled me upstairs as I entered the aircraft. 1st was fairly empty and at that time I had a BA frequent flier card.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hd, Turn up late-ish,well dressed, and ask at check-in if your bags will be transferred through all the way to Kalispell because last month they didn't make it.
It's worked for me twice. The first time was a genuine query, so I tried it again and the same thing happened.
They think that you're a frequent flyer who's been inconvenienced.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jimmjimm wrote:
Turn up late-ish

How late? I don't want to take any chances... Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My BIL almost always manages to get bumped up at least to business when he travels transatlantic, and he's a scruffy so-and-so. But he is usually travelling alone. OTOH he doesn't know the meaning of "travelling light" so ofte has the limit of hand luggage.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy