Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler - passes and ski hire - wait or book online

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

group of 6 of us off to Whistler on 26th Jan. Just wondering whether it is better to book passes and/or ski hire in advance or when we get there - will it be cheaper either way?

Also any recommendations of specific shops?

We're travelling with Inghams, so I guess they'll have a preferred supplier (and perhaps a discount)

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is the one that I have used for rentals....as you will see they discount for advance orders

http://www.summitsport.com/main/

They are based right at the bottom of the Whistler gondola and maybe 50yards from the Blackcomb gondola and you get free overnight storage for skis/poles as part of the deal. Also they have a place to leave shoes during the day so you dont have to walk in your bootsto/from your accomodation.

On lift passes get them early. The window price is always more. I am not aware of any deals in the resort when you get there. There used to be a deal with 7-11 stores (but not the one in Whistler itself) for tickets but you have to find the 7-11 in Squamish or perhaps Vancouver, which is more trouble than it is worth. Check the online price and check what the tour op will do and go for the best deal.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks Malcolm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
7-11 in vancouver sells lift passes for $75 each. window price at WB is $88.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I understand there is a 7-11 shop right in the Vancouver airport where you can get the $75/day price so it's possible to take advantage even if you're riding the bus. The discount is really only meaningful for shorter stays. If you're buying a six day ticket, the 7-11 cost is $439 and the Whistler website advance purchase price is $453.

It just so happens that my crew of six will be in Whistler exactly the same dates - we arrive Jan 26 and depart Feb 3. Would you like to join up for a few runs or to hoist a few? My first time at Whistler as well but we have one or two frequent Whistler visitors and even one Vancouver local to show us around! Post me back and we'll sort it out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the skis are better and the the overall service is better from Affinity Rentals. I link to them from my start up site Whistler ski rentals
they have slopeside storage which is great. you don't have to carry you skis back to the hotel

edit was too make the clicky bit nicer

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 28-01-08 8:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rpopo, Summit sports or Whistler Village Sports are good for renting. The equipment in certain places at the bottom of Whistler mountain tends to be less varied and more frequently used rather than those shops a few yards further afield, unless you're there at the beginning of the season of course when they are new.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I second Affinity , they have fair prices and the stuff my pals picked up was in good shape.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy