Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go this week or next week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and a friend are looking at last minute ski deals (on Iglu and Lastminute.com, any other good sites?). There was an attractive looking one in Courchevel 1650 but phoned the company and it had already been taken. My main question is, will it be more expensive going next week (26th Jan) than trying to find something for this weekend (19th)?

There's also an offer for 1850, and given that there's a free bus, I'm guessing it's not unreasonable to get ski hire/lessons from 1650, as well as going there in the evenings to keep costs down NehNeh

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlfaFoxtrot wrote:
Me and a friend are looking at last minute ski deals (on Iglu and Lastminute.com, any other good sites?). There was an attractive looking one in Courchevel 1650 but phoned the company and it had already been taken. My main question is, will it be more expensive going next week (26th Jan) than trying to find something for this weekend (19th)?

There's also an offer for 1850, and given that there's a free bus, I'm guessing it's not unreasonable to get ski hire/lessons from 1650, as well as going there in the evenings to keep costs down NehNeh

Cheers

1850 need not cost the earth if you are sensible. Don't think you would make any significant saving to warrant the hassle of not going with the 1850 ski school. 1650/1850 are a long way apart If memory serves me right the 1550 ski school meeting point is in 1850 as well and there are various english ski schools albeit they tend to be more expensive than ESF but with smaller class sizes. In terms of skiing convenience 1850 is more convenient to access the 3vs

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 15-01-08 16:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's all about Tignes Joe. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
*sigh*

Really ought to get different usernames, god knows what kind of forums we'll find each other on NehNeh
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You need to be careful on assumptions. 1550 is just below 1850 and it's easy to get from one to the other. 1850 and 1650 are a fair distance away and it really would not be sensible to get ski school in one and stay in the other Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with skitrack.

However when I was there in 2006 couldn't believe the difference in prices between ESF in 1650 and 1850 - you really do have to be loaded to afford 1850.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy