Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Elan Wave Magics - christening.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Their first outing a 10 day trip to Banff.

I am really pleased with my purchase so thanks to all who enjoyed testing them over the summer and wrote about it on here and Fallline Mag for their review aswell. Both of which made me decide this may be the ski for me. They/you/I was right. I love them Very Happy

Great for cruising around, you do have to be definate/firm with them or they will do their own thing, but a bit of pressure and think left and they go left and vice versa, easy turns but keep the weight on them. So easy to steer, stable in staight line speed and a short turn radius which I like. But you really get to know and like them when you crank it up. Carving was so easy - proper carves you know the ones you "feel" and a great pop out of each turn you know when you've done it. Just whizzing down slopes was pure joy. They held the snow really well even in steep hardpacked conditions and I felt perfectly confident on icy patches that the edged would bite. A joy to ski both fast and hard and gentle and cruisy, very responsive and gave good feedback. I really felt these skis helped me take my skiing up a level. Their only negative despite the short turn radius is that they were not very nimble in bumps/moguls and felt a bit heavy to chuck around. But I try not to ski to many mogul runs so not really a down side for me.

All in all a great intermediate ski that will take you all over the mountain and put a huge grin on your face - it did me Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
you do have to be definate/firm with them or they will do their own thing

that's what I found, too, but once I put my foot down and told them clearly where I wanted to go - they went! I'm not very nimble in moguls on any skis, but I did find them a bit like hard work on the chopped up stuff towards the end of the day. I've been skiing on them for a week now - I might take my old ones out next time, and see how different they feel. I don't think I'm very good at "listening" to what the skis are saying to me, but I think I'll notice the difference OK. The old ones are certainly far, far, lighter to carry.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
minx, Great review - thanks - I'm sure this is the sort of thing those us with them were hoping you would post. Your experience is comparable with my own thoughts on them after a couple of hours at Milton Keynes. I have to admit I personally find this surprising and pleasing. I hadn't thought that at my level of skiing I would be capable of skiing well enough to assess a set of skis as having certain qualities or otherwise - the following is what I posted recently for FeeFee:

I think my over-riding sensation was that they were more 'grippy'. You could stand on the outside ski - as you describe in you OP and boy did it 'cut-in' I found this resulted in over-steering. They also seemed stiffer than other skis and it was almost as though they didn't bend round the corners as easy, but in some respects this seemed to be compensated for by the ease with which they cut into the snow. I ended up on my backside (on the slope) twice, but it was quite busy and the slope did have a number of obstacles so it wasn't really beginner territory - also they were a tad longer than what I've used previously. I certainly don't think they are insurmountable and I expect/hope that on a proper ski slope after a couple of hours I'll find them as easy as the Volkl g3's I had on holiday last year

The notion that I have to be firm with them is I hope something that I can do. I'm trying for strong legs and as you all know I am not a petite lady so I hope this will help in this area. I can't wait to try mine in February.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, you will be fine on them. Just be firm with them and trust them. The best piece of advice I can give is to be definate in the initation of the turn then let them do the rest, be patient in the turn and they will reward you. I've gone up in length with these and they are the longest carvers I've skiied - I'm a pixie!! But they've brought me the biggest smile - enjoy them when you get them on a real slope, the "grippy" sensation you describe is spot on and can be very reasuuring.
I'm glad our thoughts concurred, I think that they are a ski that let's you know when you do it right and definately when you do it wrong Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
minx, Very Happy I think we need a snowHead sub-group - a wave magic owners club Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, will be interesting to see how your old ones feel after a week on the magics. Yes I agree they are quite heavy to carry.

Megamum, Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
minx, I get to christen mine next weekend Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nells, let us know your thoughts when they have had their outing!! Hope you have as much fun on them as I did.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy