Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Action-Outdoors, UNREAL prices (not for the oldies though)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was recently given a link to Action-Outdoors, a British tour operator who in conjunction with UCPA (a French charity) offer INSANE ski deals........providing your younger than 39......
Wondered if anyone else had come across them or perhaps had been on one of their holidays.

The packages include EVERYTHING:

Travel
Accommodation (Full Board)
Ski Hire
Ski Pass
Guiding/Tuition
Transfers

and the price...........well for example:

3rd Week in Feb 08 in Chamonix, £545 PP For everything (except booze) !

They go to great resorts too:

Chamonix
Flaine
Val D’Isere
Les Arcs
La Plagne
Morzine
Les Contamines
Tignes

"UCPA is an organisation whose aim is to promote outdoor sports to young people. It is an independent association fully registered by the French government"

It seem too good to be true, what you reckon?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yr99jparkin wrote:
It seem too good to be true, what you reckon?

Thats what i thought. I have heard of UCPA before.

For those prices, im tempted to use them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I saw a few groups with their instructors last year in flaine wearing black and orange jackets. Yeah it's a very good deal, but remember you're more than likely staying in dorm rooms often with strangers. Supposed to be good though.

I think the outdoor action bit could making some money off it though, cos i knew a girl who stayed at the flaine one at the end of march for 26 euros a night for bed, food, ski pass and tuition.

Check these links

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/feb/03/saturday.chamonix.skiing

http://www.ucpa-vacances.com/partir_france.aspx

You can book online with this one ... best to arrange your own flights and transfers though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yr99jparkin, it's not too good to be true. My daughter and BF are off on one of their holidays at half term - to Flaine. They are both teachers, so stuck with peak dates, but Action-Outdoors don't load the prices at half term. The BF has done one of their holidays before - and said it was fantastic. He went on his own, and said it was really sociable, ski tuition at all levels, convivial evenings, ideal for someone on their own. There are sometimes double rooms available, at a slightly higher price, but nothing ridiculous. Depends on the resort, I think. Travel is by coach.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it just me or is the price not that exceptional - given that it is coach travel and staying in dorms? My holiday - 8 days skiing, travelling by overnight snow train (no transfers required) and staying in a studio (sleeps 3, occupied by a couple) in peak season comes up at EUR588 inc an 8 day ski pass and ski hire. It doesn't include the food and tuition though...I'd sacrifice both those for sleeping in privacy and taking the train (so long as I'm on a couchette - the direct eurostar with non-reclining seats overnight is not to ever be repeated)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry GBP588.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i used them last year and the whole lot cost me £500. excellent. Just booked online a couple of hours ago and used the discount code that I was given which i know works this year - £10 off. DLC2015. its unlimited use, help yourself. Smile

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 20-11-14 23:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been on one, to Tignes. Was absolutely brilliant, if you're OK sharing a room with 3 other people (I was fine with this). Perfect for a boys' trip away.

I ended up with randoms (as I was travelling alone) who turned out to be squaddies. It was a hugely fun, but ruinous (in terms of boozing/partying) trip.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some of the centres (Flaine, for example) have double rooms for a small supplement. And age limits are flexible, too. Food is good and plentiful. I don't think the prices can be beaten.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, is correct - the Tignes one had double rooms if you paid (not much) more.

Food is genuinely excellent, and you can have as much as you like. The cheeseboard alone had about 20 types of cheese on it...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy