Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowmass end March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's the snow like at Snowmass/Aspen last two weeks in March usually folks?
Posted a while back that we're planning a family holiday to Colorado around then but while we've booked the flights we're still umming and ahhing about the resort.
Main concern is snow at that time of the year.
Anyone any ideas re Snowmass? Slush, powder or what?
TIA
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been there twice, both end of March Smile Got great tans and had some wonderful skiing on good snow - little wet snow at the end of any warm days but apart from that good all round the mountain Toofy Grin Also had some fresh powder too - March is one of their biggest snowfall months so enjoy.

Especially if you are there for St. Paddys day - you wont believe how many Americans are of 'Irish' origins on that day Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As Bones said you should be fine then. Likely to catch some mild temps and a little slush at bottom of slopes, but elevation is high enough that most ski terrain will remain powdery. Chance of fresh snow too. It would be unusual for them to have less then 100% of terrain open at that time. Snowmass is one of my favorites of the 50-60 US ski areas I have visited. If your lift ticket allows and you are comfortable on more advanced terrain be sure to take the free bus ride to nearby Aspen Highland ski area one day. There are some great views and challenging slopes from its summit. Although the village at Snowmass will meet most of your apres ski needs, you must also explore the town of Aspen. A lot to see and do there, also reached via convenient bus system.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could we have a sticky on "What's the snow like in March?". We got soooo many questions about March...

I've yet to know ANY resort where the average snow is worse in March than New Year, or even Janurary. Perhaps in New Zealand? Wink

Where was that "define a ski season" thread? Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy